THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Holland and Holland Boys Gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holland and Holland Boys Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted
I was reading last night that around the turn of the century Holland and Holland made a "Boy's Rifle". Wanting too see what a cut down version of a Holland would look like. However, I cant find any pictures on the internet. Do any of theses rifles still exist? Has anyone ran across any?

Thanks

Curtis

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find that these were rook and rabbit caliber single shots.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
I think you'll find that these were rook and rabbit caliber single shots.

Its shows doubles available... well i guess they might be lost to time. I cant find a picture anywhere.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if a Rook rifle would qualify as a "boy's rifle", but here is a link to one. All the RR's that I've handled were very lightweight but had full length stocks.

http://www.champlinarms.com/De...StyleID=3&GunID=2080

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
An acquaintance of mine had a rifle almost a twin of the one Mac posted. It was originally chambered for a .30 cal rook cartridge but he had it sleeved to .22 hornet.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a small but growing interest in shooting Rook rifles. Sherman Bell has published several good articles in Double Gun Journal.

The double barrel Rooks are pretty rare (read expensive) so most of us that shoot them make do with the single shots. Most of the British gunmakers sold them, altho most seemed to have bought them "in the white" or as parts and just finished them.

The recoil of 10 or 12 grains of black powder going of in a 5 lb rifle will really get your attention! Big Grin