Find
Notify
Tools

Sellier & Bellot ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Anyone tried any Sellier & Bellot ammunition? The price sure is right and they say the cases are reloadable.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I shoots good in my Chapuis 9.3 I did find that it would rust the bore if not cleaned right after. I did not try to load the brass.

one of us

Posts: 17 | Location: Northern Ontario Canada | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i bought 20 boxes of S&B 286 gr softpoints from cabelas' about a year before i got my chapuis... its accurate, 50 yd groups are about 1 1/2 inch, both barrels are less than 2"... the test target from chapuis said my gun was regulated with norma ammunition, but the S&B shoots the same... i like it...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I shoot S&B 8x57JR in my Simson cape gun. It produces a 1 1/2" group at 50 yards with iron sights, off the bench. 'nuff said!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I killed a couple of deer, a few pigs and a bobcat with the 286 gr 9,3x74R S&B ammo.

The bullets worked good.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I have used the 8X57JR in my Springer double and it shot well eventhough I should have been using the .323 bullet. I did this just to get ahold of some new brass and had not yet slugged the bore.
The brass reloads just fine and I now have 3 reloads on each case without any losses or anything weired.

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave
I use S&B ammo in 6.5x57R and 8x57JS good ammo and good brass not problems reloading.Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I use S&B ammo in three of my rifles, and I find it to be very accurate ammo and it regulates well in all three of my rifles! One is an 8X57JR, and two are 9.3X74R. The largest thing I have taken with the S&B 9.3X74R ammo is a large eland with one shot through the lungs at about 50 yds. Other than that mostly Wild boar up to about 3oo lbs, and 200 lb muledeer and 120 lb whitetail!

A lot of deer and other North American game, from jackrabbit to one elk, with the 8X57JR 196 gr S&B.

Considering the price it is VERY GOOD ammo, but I'd not use it on any dangerous game larger than a leopard!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote