Find
Notify
Tools

.470 Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
I have not bee able to find a bore brush for my .470 NE. Do they make a .474 brush and if not, what bore brush are you using for your .470?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
A 50 Cal brush will work fine.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trader Keith's has rod and brushes.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a plethora of brushes in .475 caliber. They are pistol brushes but they work fine. I also simply use a .50 cal rifle brush with no issues.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
50 cal bore snake and wipe out foam.I have not been able to find a bore guide for a double and refuse to run a rod down one with out.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J D:
50 cal bore snake and wipe out foam.I have not been able to find a bore guide for a double and refuse to run a rod down one with out.

JD

JD

Make one out of plastic conduit.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
quote:
Originally posted by J D:

JD

JD

Make one out of plastic conduit.

Or use a coated rod.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947