New
Find
Notify
Tools

A-Square ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are A-Square monolithic solids safe to shoot in a DR? I've heard that some monolithic bullets are not.

Thank you.

Oxon

Oxon

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are of the type that most believe are not safe to shoot in a double rifle.

The only type that I think are safe to shoot in a double rifle are true driving band bullets. There are two currently made driving band bullets that I know of, the North Fork and the GS Custom.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oxon:
Are A-Square monolithic solids safe to shoot in a DR? I've heard that some monolithic bullets are not.

Thank you.

Oxon

I wouldn't.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can't use a NF or GS banded solid, stick with conventional solids such as the Hornady, Woodleigh, or TB Sledgehammers, there are some other good conventional solids out there I've never used.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much - this is just the info I needed!

Oxon

Oxon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oxon,

Absolutely NOT safe!!!

BR

Posts: 244 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definitely not.
--------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm awaiting delivery of my first DR (Chapuis 9.3x74 from Dale Nygaard) and really appreciate this help - I know very little about DRs. I skimmed the entire 100+ pages of this forum where I read something about monolithic bullets in DRs and I'm glad I asked! I bought some Norma Oryx that I'll use to inaugurate the rifle (if the snow lets me get to the range!)

Thanks again.

Oxon

Oxon