THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Good day at the range report.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good day at the range report.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Couple of days ago I had a very exiting day at the range despite the fact that it was a bit windy and cold, around 45*. I took out my 9.3x74R scoped Chapius to the range for a good after noon shot.
I was shooting my wild boar/deer hunting load that consisted of the maximum load recommended for the Nosler 250 Acubond of RL 15 (61g).

I shot this load few weeks earlier and had adjusted the scope settings to accommodate the distance I was zeroing my rifle at (168 yards). I was not sure how accurately it did shoot at the time because of the adjustments that I did make, but I got a group of 8" for 10 rounds.

This time I still had few (3) adjustments to do mainly to the elevation. My group of 8 rounds with the 3 adjustments I made was 3 3/4" CtC vertical spread of the farthest shots. The right shot to the right, left shot to left and the distance between the R and L was 2" with a called flyer that opened the horizontal spread to 3.5". Oh the distance was 168 leisured yards.
I wish I know how to post pix I would have loved to share the exiting results with you guys.

Best regards

Malek
Good shooting/hunting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
That's amazing shooting. And 45 degrees is not cold. Posting pics is easy; send them to me and I will post them for you.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, I was amazed at the good accuracy that I got from this load gun combination, for sure a keeper for all my NA hunting. I developed a great deal of respect for some doubles as a rifle that can deliver at distant targets. With such a combination I think 400 yards is not a too far shot at most NA and APG animals.

As for the pix, I will send them to you, please PM me your email address.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am giving posting pix a try hope, they will come out good.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess nothing, oh well will try again

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will try again

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://i1304.photobucket.com/a...-960_zpsfd9fb531.jpg

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
It worked! Sort of!
Don't reduce the sizes for photobucket links.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finaly I think I got it.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/a...-960_zps3c227180.jpg

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It worked! Sort of!
Don't reduce the sizes for photobucket links.

Thanks mike for your imput, I did not reduce the size intentialy, probably it shrunk when I was down loading from my phone. I think I still have to work at it a bit.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Could be the problem. I just work with a camera. It does look pretty good from what I can see though. How far?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
uld be the problem. I just work with a camera. It does look pretty good from what I can see though. How far?

Let us hope this time it will work, I think the problem was uploading pix from my computer.

Distance was 168 yards acording to my Lieca 1600 range finder.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/a...0449_zpsf8846efc.jpg

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I can see finaly It did work.

This is another pix.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/a...0446_zps35127274.jpg

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing group for a DR at 168 yards. One tip for photobucket; click on the IMG code at the bottom; not the "link". that way your pic will be here and not there. Good shooting and a good rifle.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip I will give it a try. yes I was thriled to say the least by the performance of the rifle and the load. the rifle was shooting great with out the scope and the scope seems not to effect the regulatipon at all.

the load is a good one too, that Nosler 250 ACB is an excellant bullet, all the reviews I read about this bullet highly praise it. I use it in my 300WBY Mag long range rifle too and it performes great.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip it did work.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
That is a dead whatever you are shooting at.
Except maybe a Croc, but even then ?
Good shooting

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I´ve allways thought my Chapuis was very accurate - but this is just outstanding!

Thanks for posting and dont sell that rifle untill you find a more accurate double;-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nitro:

I don't think the Croc's brain is smaller than two inches. One has to bear in mind that this is an aggregate group of three vertical adjustments.
if you would look closely at the target you would see that the second group (1st adjustment) is adjusted and shot 1 1/4 higher and to the same vertical line of the first group excluding the called flyer, Followed by the second and the third vertical adjustments. So theoretically if we squeeze these 2 shot groups together we will end up with all 7 bullets practically on top of each other and the widest spread will be the horizontal spread of the fist group which is exactly 2" CtoC.

Schlum:

Thank you for the kind words. Believe me I am not thinking of selling this one may be if I can have my Sabatti shoot as good as this one, I working on it, as of now it shoots very good but not as good considering that I don't have a scope mounted on it.

Best regards

Malek

Best regards

Malek