One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Anybody here know anything about these?

http://www.rizziniusa.com/double-rifles/rhino-express

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a post about 8 months ago. The summary was no one hand any first hand knowledge or impression of them to say. They do look good.

Posts: 11365 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wade;
Telephone John Boyd down the road from you at Quality Arms in Houston. I was talking with him about these rifles a few months ago and he said that one of his colleagues in West Texas has sold a number of them with zero problems reported from customers, and that they all were very accurate.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I just saw the add for them in the latest issue of Safari (SCI) magazine. They look very nice, but I will wait to see how they turn out in the hands of new owners. I noticed the price went up by a couple thousand from what was stated in the add when I looked at their website.

.................................................................. popcorn

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well like many who have asked who has shot one and searched for a review here is my first cut from the first range session. I picked up one of their 45/70 from William Larkin & Moore in Scotsdale AZ.
It has some decent turkish walnut, checkering is very even and well executed, the wood to metal fit is very good. Has a tasteful amount of scroll engraving and a color case finish on the receiver. The blueing is high gloss and very well done. Rifle weights 7LBS, 15 1/8 LOP and is balanced well. The sights are the fiber optic type and very visible. I would perfer a nice small white bead but will need to work on that. It also came with a mount for a reflex sight. (I will give that a try next range session) It was regulated with Hornaday leverevolution ammo. The conditions at the range were windy 10-20mph but coming straight into the shooters faces. I was having a decent day at the range. I used the 6in peel and stick shhot and see targets. The hornaday ammo shot well. 2in center to center at 50. I also tried federal fusion 300gr speer, Federal 300gr trophy bonded bearclaw. These both were around 4 1/2 in. But were 175-200fps slower than what is is regulated for. I also took some reloads out that work in a SIACE 45/70 double. The 400r hawk shot well at 3 inches center to center, should be able to get down to around 2in with a little more speed. The 400gr CEB solids and 405 rem bullets were around 3 1/2 in so will need to bump the speed up for these also. For a first range session I was very pleased. Have a base line to work from want to concentrate on the 400gr hawk and CED solids. So far I am happy with the rifle and consider it a decent purchase. Will keep you all informed of progress and impressions as I spend more time at the range.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wildmansix for your report. That is the kind of information shooters need to make decisions on ammo and reloading.
Looking forward to your 400 grain work as I am at the same stage (adding a little velocity to shrink group) with my Simson .405 WCF.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildmansix:
Well like many who have asked who has shot one and searched for a review here is my first cut from the first range session. I picked up one of their 45/70 from William Larkin & Moore in Scotsdale AZ.
It has some decent turkish walnut, checkering is very even and well executed, the wood to metal fit is very good. Has a tasteful amount of scroll engraving and a color case finish on the receiver. The blueing is high gloss and very well done. Rifle weights 7LBS, 15 1/8 LOP and is balanced well. The sights are the fiber optic type and very visible. I would perfer a nice small white bead but will need to work on that. It also came with a mount for a reflex sight. (I will give that a try next range session) It was regulated with Hornaday leverevolution ammo. The conditions at the range were windy 10-20mph but coming straight into the shooters faces. I was having a decent day at the range. I used the 6in peel and stick shhot and see targets. The hornaday ammo shot well. 2in center to center at 50. I also tried federal fusion 300gr speer, Federal 300gr trophy bonded bearclaw. These both were around 4 1/2 in. But were 175-200fps slower than what is is regulated for. I also took some reloads out that work in a SIACE 45/70 double. The 400r hawk shot well at 3 inches center to center, should be able to get down to around 2in with a little more speed. The 400gr CEB solids and 405 rem bullets were around 3 1/2 in so will need to bump the speed up for these also. For a first range session I was very pleased. Have a base line to work from want to concentrate on the 400gr hawk and CED solids. So far I am happy with the rifle and consider it a decent purchase. Will keep you all informed of progress and impressions as I spend more time at the range.

Wildmansix, your post above is the kind of work needed to find how well regulated a new to the market double is . Regulation is the heart of any double rifle, and is not the place for a maker to save money. Many folks found that out with the original batch of Sabattis. Looks like you found a keeper there with your Rizzini!

If they all perform like yours we will all have a winner available!

............................................................ beer congratulations old

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37 Thank you, I try to post something that has solid data that folks can make use of.

I also have a next step review. I went to the range yesterday. After the first session and seeing how well the Rizinni shot the Leveroultion bullets. I loaded up some Hawk 350's, Northfolk 350 cup point solids and 325gr CEB solids. I loaded a ladder of 6 gr in gr increments. Using AA2495 and was able to get all 2 bullets to regulate at 2in outside measurement for 2l and 2r. The 350 gr soft and solid hit to the same point of impact and speed was 2025-2050FPS. The next session I will go up and down one gr from those and see if there is any improvement. And than lock that load in. The 325gr CEB was about 2 1/2 center to center. All of the loads were minute of orange at 50 yards. Didn't shhot for groups at 100yds but the steel plate took a beating.

Have some 400gr loaded to get out on the next session for testing.

Now comes the hard decision that for my safari next year where a Lioness, waterbuck, Hyena, and a hippo or Roan are on my list. So do I take my 405win 300gr qt 2250, 45/70 350gr at 2050, or the 450/400 400gr at 2100? Taking a 375H&H bolt for longer shots on smaller plains game in the open country.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
All the options look to be winners!

Did you mention with which rifle you shoot the .405 WCF? I have taken a cape buff with my Miroku/Winchester 1895 .405 using the Woodleigh .411 bullets at 2076 fps.
NF 300 grain CPS at 2250fps might have done just as well, but it was fun working up the 400 grain loads. Wink

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a link to the Rizzini double rifle with pictures?

Never mind, my 80 yr old mind forgets some things lately. I just went to the top and fund it was there all the time!

..................................................................... old cuckoo

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine bought one...he's quite impressed with it.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote