THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A bit more than an hour's fun ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A bit more than an hour's fun ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Michael458 said this tree was going to fall on me if I kept shooting 900 grain .620 CEB #13s at it.

Just call it "CCMDoc's Tree Service"

Tree pruning implement in hand:

First 4 shots from unscoped 375FL, off hand 40 yards

Here are some glamour shots of a bit more than an hour's worth of shooting ...

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michael458 said this tree was going to fall on me if I kept shooting 900 grain .620 CEB #13s at it.

Just call it "CCMDoc's Tree Service"

Hmmmmm, has to be a way to profit from this?

animal

I am not the sort of chap to say things like, "I told you So" or anything along those lines, so I won't say it. rotflmo

I am sure that your shooting is improving, but I MUST SHOUT OUT, YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY IS IMPROVING FOR SURE!!!!!

Holy Cow, dropping to the shots of the rifles, those look like they came out of some sort of

GLAMOR MAGAZINE or something! Excellent!

So are you now in search of a new Range or Backstop? HEH....... I think the trees up there are "Shaken" all the way to the roots when you show up with the 600! LOL.........

Damn good Show Doc!

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks ... I think ... bewildered

No need to worry about backstops - behind that small copse of trees the ground rises steeply.

More than 5 decades of gilding metal, copper, brass, bronze and lead is accumulated in that dirt. Doesn't stop the blueberry bushes, wild strawberry, white birch, etc. from growing there, though.

Really enjoying this Double Rifle thing. I have gotten into the habit of ambling about and throwing the double to my shoulder for a good one-two at a target, aluminum can or clay pigeon. Feels good to see the second, un-aimed 600NE bullet only a barrel's width from the first.

Need any trees pruned?

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, might have to buy some more acreage...trees grow pretty slowly.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Next time have a few tree huggers stand in front of your target to "protect" the poor defenseless trees! Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

You just targeted yourself for a request of donation to the Arbor Society for the return address labels they will be sending you.

Looks like fun!

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Nice photos of some really nice rifles Doc.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HBH:
Doc,

You just targeted yourself for a request of donation to the Arbor Society for the return address labels they will be sending you.

Looks like fun!

Many Thanks

HBH

I didn't think that 6 CEB#13 Solids and 2 Non-Cons would cause that much devastation. Eeker

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Next time have a few tree huggers stand in front of your target to "protect" the poor defenseless trees! Big Grin

But Mike,

Then I would have to revive and care for them - a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone ... hilbily

Of course I could just diggin

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Biebs, either that or I am going to have to ration his BBW #13s for the 600???

LOL

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
That poor tree ... in happier days ... along with my little brother for perspective ...

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Instead of deerslayer my I be the first to call you treeslayer.

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
great stuff!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Now you can turn the rest of it into cordwood!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I was the only nut who shot down trees with big bores!
Nice to see there are other people just as sick as meSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
When I was teenager, my pride & joy was and joy was a .22 air rifle - a copy of the Diana Mod 35. I used to do target practice on a Papaya (Paw paw) tree in the back yard. One day the tree just leaned over! That was over 35 years ago!

Not in the same league as the 600NE & that big pine!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Or we could ask Michael to talk to CEB about making a tree just for Doc. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alomost forgot, Doc, thank you for my new screensaver! Thats great, I would put that second photo in my resume' for entry into the Sierra club!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Doc:
I guess you have no use for your chain saw any more. Big Grin

When I tried out my new Sabbati .470 for the first time. I used a pine tree as a back stop as big as that one you downed or a little bigger (hard to tell from photos). I was shooting the Hornady DGS the ammo the rifle was regulated for. I shoot 6 rounds in total.

At the end of my shooting session I went around the tree, lo and behold all the 6 bullets have exited and went into the dirt bank behind it. After that day I have no doubt what so ever that the .470 has the capability of penetrating deep enough into any game animal that exists out there.

Malek

Good hunting/shooting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote