New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler .375 Flanged ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did anyone else notice that Nosler is going to have loaded .470 and .375 flanged ammo? The people in the booth were saying March or April. That would leave one to hope they have brass to sell for reloading.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they have picked up the tooling from Jamison Intl.?
If not... Does anyone know who may have gotten it?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler mentioned late spring for 375 FM ammo, so I would guess summer before distribution is completed.
In the mean time I bought a lot of Jamison 375 FM brass before they closed their doors. If you need some I have it for sale. 20 pcs for $50
http://www.kebcollc.com/cart/s...9&action=show_detail
Graff & Sons also has it available, 20 pcs for $59.
http://www.grafs.com/retail/ca...oduct/productId/7392

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually Nosler have anounced just about a full range of cartridges for doubles using both their solid and partition SP. 500/416 and .500 NE as well as .375 and .470.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder where their planned price point will be...Norma & Federal versus Hornady.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Have bought some old kynoch .375 flanged in solids and softpoints and some new Kynamco in same. Will try to get some Nosler, too.

Be interesting to see, once Butch Searcy delivers my .375 flanged which of the commercial rounds regulate best.

Regards

Posts: 1320 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will one be able to order .470 NE @ the SCI from Norma?

quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
actually Nosler have anounced just about a full range of cartridges for doubles using both their solid and partition SP. 500/416 and .500 NE as well as .375 and .470.

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, my real question is are they available to purchase at the SCI? I see they offer them are they now in the USA for purchase? If so from whom? At the SCI?

Thank You,

Glenn

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I wonder where their planned price point will be...Norma & Federal versus Hornady.

I asked but they woulden't coment. I would guess that it may be closer to Norma & Federal as their outher ammo is fairley expensive but good quality. The brass that I have used .308 and .243 comes allreadey preped.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOB

No Idea and I don't think I have ever seen a Nosler booth at SCI (must be one, just never bought their ammo or bullets).

Norma- I belive they have new US Agents as from ??? (march?) - which will be good for US members. Norma big bore ammo in Europe was about 40% cheaper than in the US which means something was wrong considering the European taxes (like 25% sales tax or VAT) added on at point of sale vs 6-10% in the US.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler has had a booth the last few SCI conventions.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crap!!!....so Jamison went tits up? I guess I need to spend more time on here. I helped them out with their last batch of 500 Jeff...getting dimensions right after their first batch was way off. Good thing I bought a 150 pieces of 375 FL before they shut the doors. Awesome news that Nosler is picking up that round...I love my Searcy in the caliber.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mid South, Midway and Cabela's will all be Norma agents for loaded ammo as well as cases as of May, as well as posibly a few others. This hopefully will result in far more competitive pricing for Norma ammo.

Cases have always been sold through a number of agents and that will remain as before.

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Heath:
Mid South, Midway and Cabela's will all be Norma agents for loaded ammo as well as cases as of May, as well as posibly a few others. This hopefully will result in far more competitive pricing for Norma ammo.

Cases have always been sold through a number of agents and that will remain as before.

Do you know if Norma will make their nickel-plated brass available for reloaders or just the "regular" stuff?

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crap!!!....so Jamison went tits up? I guess I need to spend more time on here. I helped them out with their last batch of 500 Jeff...getting dimensions right after their first batch was way off. Good thing I bought a 150 pieces of 375 FL before they shut the doors.

I spoke with some ammo folks at the DSC convention who are in the same town as Jamison (Sturgis, SD) and they said they knew the folks from Jamison and that the doors will be reopening in a month or so. They had some partnership issues - one partner has left, the other will be restarting the business on his own. That is the gossip anyway.

Ellis450

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CCMdoc - Norma has no intention of releasing their nickel plated cases to reloaders - components will all be regular brass

PS- Norma .375 FL is loaded with 300grn bullets. Their was a special run of 350grn bullets a few years back for somebody and there is still some of it floating around but all the .375FL PH ammo I have seen is 300grn.

Posts: 244 | Location: Zimbabwe/Sweden | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ellis...that's great news. I liked the folks there....will look for them to be back up and running.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Heath:
CCMdoc - Norma has no intention of releasing their nickel plated cases to reloaders - components will all be regular brass

PS- Norma .375 FL is loaded with 300grn bullets. Their was a special run of 350grn bullets a few years back for somebody and there is still some of it floating around but all the .375FL PH ammo I have seen is 300grn.

Oh well, that's too bad - guess I'll have to get a few more boxes of factory ammo.

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Looks like I got a couple of boxes of those 350 grain Norma PH solids and softs. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc- If your rifle likes those 350grn buy up BHSS stock while they still have. Norma Haven't loaded any for years but I understand BHSS still has a fair stock - but they will not be stocking Norma ammo after march/april...or at least will not be re-ordering any

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Doc- If your rifle likes those 350grn buy up BHSS stock while they still have. Norma Haven't loaded any for years but I understand BHSS still has a fair stock - but they will not be stocking Norma ammo after march/april...or at least will not be re-ordering any

Thanks - it does like those bullets. Unfortunatly at $100 for a 10-pack, can't really afford to stock up as much as I would like Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We'll have to wait until Hornady comes out with them and re-sets the price point in the market. Steve, are you listening???

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
We'll have to wait until Hornady comes out with them and re-sets the price point in the market. Steve, are you listening???

+1

I hope Steve is listening, espcecially after I just shelled out $250 for 100 rounds of Jamison Brass. Steve's brass is as good or better and generally costs a LOT less.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reason Norma went back to the 300 grainer was that their 350 grainers were keyholing. I phoned then 3 years ago to ask if they were going to do the flanged in 300 grain, they said No but obviously changed their minds ! best, Mike

Posts: 110 | Location: SW Spain and London UK | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With Quote