Notify
Tools

Graeme Wright's 3rd edition
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Shooting the British Double Rifle

I purchased one at the Vintagers you can order one from Gunnerman Books Rochester Hills , MI

GunnermanBks@ att.net

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike: Do you have an earlier edition ? I haven't bought the latest edition yet, & have been wondering if it's worth it since I have an earlier edition ......... any thoughts ???

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

In another thread similarly named, husky reported
that the 1st and 3rd editions are quite different.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/4271006511/p/2
"...a giant step compared to the first issue."

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I only have the 3rd edition.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Beller:
Mike: Do you have an earlier edition ? I haven't bought the latest edition yet, & have been wondering if it's worth it since I have an earlier edition ......... any thoughts ???
I bought one at the Vintagers Friday and just finished reading it. I did not read the first or second edition but loved this book. The author states that in the third edition there is a lot more load data for "full nitro double rifles." The "pressure test data has been increased and each chapter revised to take account of the latest information available." "For this edition I tried to shoot all the common cartridges and provide load data." I hope that is helpful.

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
Frank,

In another thread similarly named, husky reported
that the 1st and 3rd editions are quite different.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...804/m/4271006511/p/2

Yup, That's right!
The first issue is nice to own, but the 3rd -WOW!!! dancing dancing dancing

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote