THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Dont you hate when you miss a smoking deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dont you hate when you miss a smoking deal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted
Smoking deal

Dont you hate when you see something like this? I saw its from back in November. Oh well. It would of been one of the deals of a life time.....or its a scam.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Ahhh well it didn't have a cheek piece.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
typo--$15000 I'm sure.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the typo!
No way anyone would let that beauty go for less.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Typo....and not a bad deal at 15K to be honest.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You can tell from the description that the seller knows what he has. If it had read, "old double barreled gun in a case that my late husband used to own and I am afraid of it and just want to get it out of the house..." writeup, then the $1500 might be plausible.

Posts: 17194 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
looks like a load of Bullbutter to me..that gun I have seen before:

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100309178

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
More then likely someone bought it up and is selling it for the correct price.

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Looks like a restock....wood is a bit proud....good deal for $1,500 though!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rigby350
posted Hide Post
Here is the same double rifle, a little dubious.

http://www.ospreyarms.com/cate...tails.php?i=8&id=491

Posts: 119 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you had sent the $1500 if you have gotten anything but hot air?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
I called the guy, he is vague on the particulars of this rifle. He said he would pay for the shipping to my FFL, I have a 3 day inspection and send me his front and back to his drivers license. He dose not respond to my request for the serial number so I can check on the authenticity of the particular rifle and or if it's stolen. This whole thing is screaming scam

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Report it to that online ad outfit and show the link to the other sites with the same pictures. It'll be shut down quickly.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good god, for $1,500 its a scam, period.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I catch these things all the time on Guns America. Some idiot clips pix, opens an ad, and then tries to get checks rolling his way before someone gets wise and shuts off the ad. He couldn't give you the serial number unless he called Osprey and got it :-)

Posts: 20149 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote