THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Searcy Stock Cleaning and Maintenance.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Stock Cleaning and Maintenance.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted
What product would you use to take care of a Seacy stock to keep it looking nice?

Thanks,
M

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not ask Butch? He would know the best thing to use for the stock and the metal parts too.

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would have to say Howards Feed N Wax. Guys on the Cooper forum turned me onto this stuff and it makes wood pop like nothing else. Plus it protects it from water as well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Use the hell out of it. Those marks and dings that happen on a hunting trip are all stories to be told later!

If you fell things get out of control and the stock needs some love, send it back to Butch and for a very reasonable fee, he will refinish it for you. He is also good about cleaning the internal parts of the gun and giving it a new lease on life.

All part of the perks of owning a Searcy.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
Use the hell out of it. Those marks and dings that happen on a hunting trip are all stories to be told later!

If you fell things get out of control and the stock needs some love, send it back to Butch and for a very reasonable fee, he will refinish it for you. He is also good about cleaning the internal parts of the gun and giving it a new lease on life.

All part of the perks of owning a Searcy.

+1

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote