THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Scored a pig with my /searcy 450/400
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a pig with my /searcy 450/400
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got this this boar this past Saturday on public land. The shot was 13 paces....right barrel...DRT. He weighed 152 lbs. I was using a handload consisting of Hornady brass, Hornady 300 gr roundnose, 50 gr AA5744, CCI magnum primer.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well crap......the picture didnt work!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations anyway! I hope you can get the picture working.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Here you go!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
nice!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jugde for getting the pic to work and thanks to rest of you guys for the comments!!!

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ain't that just the BEST!!! My first animal with my first double rifle, also a Searcy was a hog. It is such a great feeling putting that much anticipated rifle to use for the first time.

Congratulations.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
surestrike you said it!!
Back when i first took delivery of this rifle (Oct. 2006) our deer season hadnt been in two weeks yet. I picked up the rifle one evening, shot up most of what little factory ammo I had then loaded up some light bullet hand loads and tested them 2 at a time until I was on the money. The next evening I took a spike!!! I also found out how well the flip up night sight works. :-)

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Way to go.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Nice hog. I think it may be related to one of these that my grandson shot last year.

It made a really nice wall-hanger rug too:

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Always like to see pictures of a good double being used in pursuit of game. Pigs are up there on the tops of my list. Alot of fun, especially when you get into a pack of them.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Degoins, you chose a nice sized porker for the table. Great work!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
crshelton....my best friend suggested I have that one caped out and I seriously considered it. After seeing that one in your pics, I wish now I had.

Bill/Oregon....you are right...we bbqed one of his backstraps and a tenderloin Saturday and it was excellent. I grilled some of the sausage yesterday and it was great.

Thanks again guys!!

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done...nice hog and looks like fun!!

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's no animal made on the North American Continent that's better suited for a double rifle.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote