THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    DRSS hunt, Dallas airport closures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DRSS hunt, Dallas airport closures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tomo577 just contacted me to ask about the status of the DRSS hunt. His flight to Dallas was cancelled due to DFW's closure. They want to reroute him tomorrow thru Memphis. Seems like it'll still be a mess. Many others must be coming thru DFW or Love Field.

The weather forecast for Brady, Texas calls for much of the same mess thru Wed but should get above freezing.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you guys going to have a coating of ice on your doubles?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I got into DFW last night at 8. THe airport didn't close, but there were a lot of cancellations. (Why I haven't a clue - it was just rainy there.)

Bill74 made it in from Michigan too, but not his guns. He is going to leave a little later this morning for camp after seeing if his guns make it.

Doc52 and I are meeting new_guy at the hotel across from the DSC convention at 8 AM to head to camp together.

The hunt is still on, at least for us.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i'll be in tuesday, as planned.... my guest won't be, as the weather is playing hell with his boer goat nannies and kids....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
american cancelled my sunday flight ... and my monday flight to dallas.

i am pissed as i was looking forward to meeting you guys and playing double rifles.

well, let's do another ! when it isn't ice storming.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i didn't make it either... i'm in a motel in fredricksburg for the duration of the ice... better luck next time.... hope the guy's that are there have lots of fun!!!!!!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote