Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x74
 Login/Join

posted
well i did it, bought a krieghoff classic in 9.3x74.i am in fairbanks alaska and have not found any dealers who ships ammo here.any suggestions? thanks

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Did you try Midway and Natchez?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
tried midway no luck have not tried natchez thanks lrh270

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
cabela's was stocking s&b 286 gr softpoints... good plinking round, my chapuis DR shoots it to point of aim...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ray, I've found some here in Anch. at Boondocks and Great Northern. Shipping ammo to Ak is $pendy.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
You might check Graf's also. I bought a case lot of 8X57R a while ago and the UPS costs were very high.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Ray, I've found some here in Anch. at Boondocks and Great Northern. Shipping ammo to Ak is $pendy.

Good to hear Ol' Boondocker is still doing business as usual in Eagle River, Alaska.

Is Don "Boondocker" Hanks still wearing his "Hi-Wide" shooting glasses with rose-colored lenses (or target orange) and chewing a cigar perpetually? Colorful character, aye.
He used to love telling about being pals with Steve McQueen once upon a time. Also I learned from Boondocker how Alaskan Professional Hunters clean their rifles in the field: Fire a round once per month if out in the bush for protracted periods of time. That burns the rust right out of the bore. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
You might check Graf's also. I bought a case lot of 8X57R a while ago and the UPS costs were very high.

Graf's has Norma.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
tried great northern and boondocks but had no luck.will try natchez and grafs tomorrow.i have brass,bullets and dies coming.i might have to calm down and exersise some patience.way hard right now.thanks fellas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest that you reload, but I imagine that hauling in bullets and casings would be an even bigger pain than shipping in cartridges. I assume you can't get them in Canada.

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Uh.. Hey Maddenwf..
He's from Fairbanks Alaska.. It really is part of the United States.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy some brass and and bullets and bring it over to my house next time you are in Anchorage and I'll show you how to reload itSmiler.
RIP, Don is the same and still owns the business. He is my "go to" dealer for anything I want to order. Fair prices and great local service.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Uh, MIKE BROOKS, I figured the Russians still had it... what, do you think I'm a total idiot? I did pass second grade geography on my way to law school. killpc

I was thinking out loud trying to come up with something to help him (i.e. import from Canada b/c they might be more willing to ship to Alaska). Then, I realized that au Canada has a bunch of b.s. restrictions on the importation and exportation of munitions.

I also suggested reloading, but followed that suggestion by mentioning that importing brass, powder, bullets, primers etc. might be an even bigger pain in the ass.

I apologize if I offended your grandmaster intellect. I had no knowledge that I was being judged by such a geographical paragon of sagacity. Get off the dirk head remarks man; I was just trying to help a brotha out. Maybe you ought to improve upon those reading comprehension skills the state of Alaska was supposed to teach you as a ten-year-old. homer

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Buy some brass and and bullets and bring it over to my house next time you are in Anchorage and I'll show you how to reload itSmiler.
RIP, Don is the same and still owns the business. He is my "go to" dealer for anything I want to order. Fair prices and great local service.

Glad to hear. thumb

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddenwh:
I assume you can't get them in Canada.

quote:
I figured the Russians still had it... what, do you think I'm a total idiot?

Well it sure sounded that way!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote: