New
Find
Notify
Tools

experience with champlins
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to share my dealing with champlin firearms. I have bought several guns from George and have been treated the way you would want anywhere. I even had a double that had a defect in the barrells, a older terrific name and the gun blew up. George was more concerned with my safety than $$$$. He made the purchase good and I call him on a regular basis and have never not been able to get him or JJ.If you want a honest opinion on a double that is where to get it, you might not like it but you will get their true views on the gun. I realize every transactions are different and there are problems but the instance that has been on this site should not cast a shadow on champlin firearms. Just my opinion based on the treatment they have given me.happy holidays and go buy a double rifle!

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
gerryb,

I'll second you on the experiences with Champlins. I would prefer to buy from them than anywhere else.

I just wish George could find more doubles!

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have also been very happy with George at Champlin's and JJ Perodeau has done quite a bit of work on my breakopen guns.

I had a 500/465 H&H Double "blow up" [split the barrel, badly I will add], when developing loads for the fella that bought it from George.

George stood behind it 100%.

Very few would have done that.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What all them said.

Dutch

"If she knew half as much as she says she knows she'd know twice as much as she really does."