New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 in .450-.400 3"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this has been discussed in the past, however there seemed to be some discrepancy as to whether it would really happen.
Well, I noticed yesterday while reading the current issue of Sports Afield there is a Ruger advert for the No. 1 and it SPECIFICALLY says it is now chambered in 450-400 3".
Would they actually print that without the final decisions being made? I wonder if these will be short runs or will these become normal product offerings? Either way, this almost assuredly means Hornady will be loading the ammo and that is good news for reloaders of the 450-400.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's the real deal. Hornady is making the brass, bullets and loading the ammo. At the Dallas Safari Club Convention Hornady had sample cartridges.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The fact that Craig Boddington used one in an episode of "Tracks Across Africa" a few weeks ago gives you an idea that Ruger is serious about it. But then again, I don't think Ruger is into making a "one-off" rifle nowadays no matter who it is. The bean counters would never allow it. CB shot a buff with one with Dawson backing him up.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what is this no 1 crap doing on the double rifle forum ???

it belongs somewhere else, not here.

besides , if it is anything like rugers gold label you will wait two years before they become a reality

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote