Find
Notify
Tools

600 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted
well i finally shot the 600NE and it kicks but not like i thought it would no sissy pad yea 3" group but it will get better it was the shooter not the gun i did have a case of the jitters ,think i will invest in get it fitted to me a tad long.weight i see why doc shaved a couple pounds got to get a stand up rest to clamp to the bench but the VC IS A NICE GUN

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congrats, not sure I am ready to step up to a .600NE.

Sincerely, A Proud "Sissy Pad" Wearer

Mike

Posts: 21388 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bigdoggy2bore
posted Hide Post
Nothing like pulling the trigger on a big gun that you have never shot before. It gets the adrenalin going for the first few shots that for sure. Enjoy the 600!

Used to be bigdoggy700 with 929 posts . Originally registered as bigdoggy 700 in July 2006.

Posts: 318 | Location: ILLINOIS , FINALLY GETTING. A CCW! | Registered: 14 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the big bore club. I have shot all of the big boys from 600 down to the 450#2 and all between. Once you learn how to control manage the recoil it is a blast to shoot them.
#1 rule shooting a big bore...

Don't let it move in your hands when
shooting.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
s the first shot i was all nerves i have no idea where it went it might still be orbiting the globe but them i managed 3" group. i wish i would of filmed it it was funny....but i remembered how papas said how to shoot it in his magazine article

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can get by with shooting a 577 or 600, even the late Tony Barnes' 4 ga.double with slugs,(wow) but I don't really care for the recoil beyond a 458 Win or 416 Rem. these days as bursitas at age 77 rebels for such foolishness. I got that stuff from shooting big bores I'm told...

That said, I have no use for an over 11 lb. rifle to pack around in the African heat, and I don't want anyone packing my rifle for me. I don't like thoes long extended walks anymore, and I use a golf cart at the club. I don,t think there are any real gun bearers left in Africa,and I know that most of them will run off with your gun when the chips are down. shocker pissers If they are any good then they are packing the PHs gun. wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I’m very glad that people are still making 600NE double rifles and that there are still folks that will buy them! I’m just not one of them!
I’d really hate to see them become dinosaurs and disappear from the firearm scene!

I’m with Ray on this one! I have absolutely no need or desire to own a 600NE double rifle or even another 577NE double rifle! I don’t mind a 12-pound double but I’d rather have a 500NE double that was balanced properly at around 10.5 to 11 pounds! Anything that a 500NE will not take cleanly I don’t need to hunt!

………………………………………………. BOOM......................... holycow

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote