THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTS: Cased double rifle/shotgun pair.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS: Cased double rifle/shotgun pair.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This ad is directed at our Canadian readers!!!

SIDE-BY-SIDE DOUBLE RIFLE, CALIBRE 9.3x74 RIMMED

Built on a BRNO ZP-47, Extractor Action.
Leupold Vari-X III, 1.75x-6x Scope in Leupold QRW Rings.
Hi-Viz front Sight and Two-Leaf Express Rear Sight.
Butler Creek Scope Caps and Sling.

MATCHING 16 GAUGE BRNO ZP-49, EJECTOR, SHOTGUN

Deluxe Cleaning Rod, Jags, Etc., To Fit Both.
Matching Turnscrew and Oil, Grease, and Bore-Cleaner Bottles.
Two Pairs of Snap Caps, For Both Rifle and Shotgun.
In Cabela’s Top-Of-The-Line, Heavy-Duty, .063” Thick,
Marine-Grade Aluminum, Travel Case,
Lockable and Custom-English-Fitted To Accept All Components.

Included Are 60 Rounds Loaded 9.3x74R Ammunition, 3 ½ Boxes of Nosler Partition,
286 Grain Bullets, RCBS Loading Dies, and 200 Rounds of 16 Gauge Cartridges,
Some Loaded With #7 ½ Shot, and Some With #8 Shot.

$9,000.00
NOW REDUCED TO $5000.00
ABSOLUTE FIRM PRICE!!!
Ron Vella 905-723-7592 mrrove@rogers.com
$5000.00 CDN

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good buy. Why Canadian buyers?

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
A good buy. Why Canadian buyers?

Dave

My guess would be that Ron lives in Canada and the guns are in Canada and would require import if sold to someone from another country!

$5000 CDN is a real buy for this fine set!

................................................................ I live in the USA! CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac is correct, it's just too much of a PITA to do a cross-border sale!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Importing from Canada isn't hard. It just takes time and money. Figure 10 weeks and $2000 added.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
That is a screaming great deal!!

Ron, is this the one you built yourself, chronicled on nitroexpress? If so, this is one of a kind and the pair makes it that much more special.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Al, this is the same one. I have 8 double rifles. I'm approaching 74 years and have no one to leave them to when I'm gone. I just feel that it's time to thin out the stable a bit and maybe use the money for another trip to Africa or even a dive trip to Cozumel or Belize!

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron vella:
Yes Al, this is the same one. I have 8 double rifles. I'm approaching 74 years and have no one to leave them to when I'm gone. I just feel that it's time to thin out the stable a bit and maybe use the money for another trip to Africa or even a dive trip to Cozumel or Belize!

Reading through that build was quite a learning experience! I can't believe all you put into that and finding a matching shotgun is even better. Best of luck selling the pair, if I had the cash and understanding of importing...would be sold. Don't have either so I hope you do well with a Canadian buyer.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If only a different caliber, this Canadian would be all over that deal! Fan of the 16ga as well!

All the best! Great deal

Posts: 136 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why you don't like the 9.3 x 74 rimmed cartridge. IMO it's one of the truly great, classic, go-anywhere, do-anything, cartridges. That's probably why it has been one of the most popular calibres in Europe for almost 100 years, and is becoming ever more popular on this side of the pond as well!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I didn't have a 50s sako .375h&h that I love I'd definitely be interested!! I do like the 9.3 just it's similar caliber.

Posts: 136 | Location: B.C. Canada  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron vella:
I'm not sure why you don't like the 9.3 x 74 rimmed cartridge. IMO it's one of the truly great, classic, go-anywhere, do-anything, cartridges. That's probably why it has been one of the most popular calibres in Europe for almost 100 years, and is becoming ever more popular on this side of the pond as well!

Ron, I too like the 9.3X74R round, especially in a double rifle. I'm also a fan of the 16 ga shotguns and have two double rifles chambered for the 9'3X74R and a cape gun with a 16 ga shot barrel and a rifle barrel chambered for 8X57JR another of my favorites!

I wish your set was in the USA, if so it would be in my hands right now! CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote