THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Doctor red dot sights going out?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor red dot sights going out?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had any experience with the doctor red dot moving POI? Mine was dead on and then moved up 3", doubt it was my shooting, as i fired multiple shots which all went high!

Thanks,

AR

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
have about a 1/2 a gun rack of em due to the ''cataracts'' not yet cut out

have had the base slip but never the dot it might be mechanical or you rattled the sighting screws

just guessing here

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
everything made by man will fail at some point
that said, owning 5 Doctor III's personally and having sold/installed more than 20-

I have not personally seen this before.

Even a sight that flew off a 460 Rowland slide , ricocheted off a a pole and landed on the concrete still worked perfectly when reinstalled.

you might contact-

http://docterusa.com/contact-us/

NOBLEX GmbH
Seerasen 2, 98673 Eisfeld, Germany
Phone: +49 3686 371101

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Has anyone had any experience with the doctor red dot moving POI? Mine was dead on and then moved up 3", doubt it was my shooting, as i fired multiple shots which all went high!

Thanks,

AR

I own three of these sights,I use them on DR's & lever action rifles,I have had this happen to me on a lever action,it was not the sight malfunctioning but rather the mount,it moved under recoil,I would say check & make sure everything is tight.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im old school when it comes to DG..I only use a shallow V or a Talley peep if the gun has Talley scope mounts..I can't abide gimmicks.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Im old school when it comes to DG..I only use a shallow V or a Talley peep if the gun has Talley scope mounts..I can't abide gimmicks.

The doctor sights are not a gimmick Big Grin & neither are they old school,they just flat out work real well,fastest sighting system around period, beer

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It is a mechanical device that can and will fail.

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
It is a mechanical device that can and will fail.

Yes very true,has not happened to me yet in the field,I do use QD mounts just in case something does go wrong,one knob to turn & you have your iron sights as a back up.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
..I can't abide gimmicks.

Ray, at your age, smokeless powder is a gimmick! :-)

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know Biebs, that's why I use my own concoction of liguid Nitro G..

but I still like iron sights with a v and a post or 3/32 bead..I don't have to change batterys at the end part of a charging buff or swap sights at the moment of truth..I have misgivings about a scope of any kind on a DG rifle, albeit low power scopes are a good option in the thick of things..

BTW, are you still shooting the gimmicky Blazers or blasers or whatever they are? hammering

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing faster than a reflex sight.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote