THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    SIDE-BY-SIDE DOUBLE-BARRELLED BOLT-MAGAZINE REPEATING RIFLE IN .338 WIN. MAG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIDE-BY-SIDE DOUBLE-BARRELLED BOLT-MAGAZINE REPEATING RIFLE IN .338 WIN. MAG
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could be the gunmaker was smoking something stronger than pot!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
Interesting idea but extremely heavy.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think I saw this rifle when it first came out at the Dallas Safari Club Convention. It is massive!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that if you ever run out of ammo and your quarry is still bent on your destruction you could always deliver a fatal buttstroke albeit at close range, with this gun.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well thats interesting I didn't know they built more than a couple of rifles. The one I handled was in .470 NE and yes it was one for the gunbearer to carey. There is a video of someone shooting one on the web.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SZECSEI & FUCHS

Sexy and Fucks. Sounds more like a personal ad than a gunmaker. I wonder if they ran into issues registering the business name.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, fuchs means fox.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser built them as well called the Duo-Hamed, to meet the demands of the Middle Eastern royalty market, who buys a LOT of high-end Blasers.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was walking around Innsbruck in the late 90's and came across the S&F shop. Put my hands on a few of these gun,s the receivers if I remember were made of Titanium and the actions were very slick a little full between the hands but pointed well. the action if I remember was very slick, all in all a bit much unless you like cuckoo clocks.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
...................................................................... cuckoo

I don't see this as an advance in the double rifle world! This thing is an over weight pushfeed bolt rifle times two! The only thing, IMO, that makes this a double rifle is the fact that it has two barrels.

Does anyone know if this thing empties both sides if only one barrel is fired and the action is opened to re-load the fired barrel, or is it selective? If it does empty both sides it would be prudant to NOT try to re-load while jogging after a fleeing buffalo to get a finishing shots.

I love a big bore CRF bolt rifle, but this thing is not my cup of tea! For those who like it I say go for it!

................................................................... patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
The best I remember the .470 that I handled a long time ago did not discriminate if the bolt was pulled it kicked out both sides.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cooley:
Mac,
The best I remember the .470 that I handled a long time ago did not discriminate if the bolt was pulled it kicked out both sides.
Bill

Thanks Bill, I was almost sure that would be the case!
......................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LXamhyW_aY
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
-Mark Twain
~Will Rogers~