Find
Notify
Tools

.577NE Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted
My Son and I are looking for .577NE brass, perforably Bell! If anyone has any info on such, please PM myself or 577 Nitro Expess with info.
Thanks,

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Dixie and Buffalo Arms have Bertram only.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunt down Jamison's Brass. I have some new .577/450 from him. Quite a lot cheaper AND better than Bertrams. Buffalo Arms sells at least some Jamison brass, so call them and ask. Their website may not be up to date.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.

I have been searching high and low for quality brass - i.e., BeLL/Jamison/MAST.

Buffalo Arms is out of them and have no idea when more is coming in.

There is a company called Quality Cartridge in Maryland, and I've heard good things from them, but not sure how their big NE brass is. ANyone have thoughts about Quality Cartridge.

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc

Sorry can't help with the BELL brass but can vouch for the quality of Horneber Brass from Germany- .577 is usually in stock and can be shipped to you direct if indeed someone like Nel Shirley (www.custombrassandbullets.com) in the US does not have any to hand.

I have .600 Brass by Dieter and in the proof barrel on load development it stood upp to some heavier than usual .600 loads.

Posts: 342 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Thanks, JT. I sent an email. Hopefully they have some in stock.

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I bought some .318 W.R. brass from Quality Cartridge and I am pleased with the quality so far. I have only reloaded it three times, but all is well and it continues to have tight primer pockets. I cannot remember the name of the owner, but he is very friendly and helpful, extremely knowlegable. They were a little slow on delivery time as they had none on hand when I called. Your best chance of talking to them is in the evening, I think he runs it as a side business after hours. Hope this helps. Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote