THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Can anyone please answer these 2 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone please answer these 2 questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
Has anyone heard of a 8X60RS cartridge? Any source of brass? I will check my Barnes book later ....

Question 2
Has anyone any info about the English gun maker WILLIAM DOUGLASS & SONS? Are they current? Do they make their own rifles or do they get European guns and finish them?

What is the quality of their double rifles?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. Yes, it's an old German cartridge, used in doubles and drillings. RWS and/or Bertram should have brass.

2. William Douglas doubles were made in the Netherlands. They are no longer being made.

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Rimmed version of the 8x60 "Magnum" -higher pressure than the parent 8x57IS cartridge--

William Douglas fair to good quality-
owned two - now sold

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I looked at a Douglas 470NE double a few years ago. It looked OK but not finely finished. I passed it up because I thought the background was a bit iffy. I read somewhere that Douglas was a provincial English gunmaker (somewhere in East Anglia?) and that they or someone with rights to the name got some CNC actions from the Netherlands for the db rifles.

Posts: 5112 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 8 X 60 came about after WWI when German citizens were not allowed to own firearms in military calibers. It was a simple operation to lengthen the chamber 3mm.

Everything posted by others is correct.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me". John 14:6

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 13 February 2016Reply With Quote