Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sold.

Posts: 147 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I'll eat a bug if you like the Blaser double rifle over the Krieghoff or Merkel (or any other double rifle on the planet). No offense meant to anyone.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No offense meant to anyone.

I beg to differ!

Actually, I don't even think he likes the S2 !!!! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
That's because Blaser makes really great rifles...with that one exception, and Darth knows his firearms.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The U.S. has Barack Obama to be embarrassed over. Germany has the Blaser S-2.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haha. I too think the S2 is somewhat....ok, it's ugly. However, despite my despise for plastic grip caps I also wear Tevas to work so I also have a function>form side to me... further evidenced by my willingness to give up ejectors for a cocking device..so I'm trying to keep an open mind on the S2. My favorite rifles are my Blaser R8s and my Blaser K95 so the S2 deserves a shot. I found one at a good enough price that I won't be out much if any for the test drive so we'll see. It's a 470.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an S2 in 500NE and LOVE the gun! QD scope mounts. Return to zero EVERY time. Accurate as all getout. But then I also have a K gun in 500/416. It has ejectors and I understand from this forum that ejectors are a death sentence bacause when they hear it, every animal on the continent of Africa will come running and try to kill the person operating the gun. Scared the s--t out of me!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The U.S. has Barack Obama to be embarrassed over. Germany has the Blaser S-2.

There. Fixed it for ya!!

barf barf barf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There. Fixed it for ya!!

Thank you, TURD Williams :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
There. Fixed it for ya!!

Thank you, TURD Williams :-)

moon

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy guys !

yankees

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate, I love how you've dressed-up that Merky with a real grip cap and the red decelerator! Where can I get some of that good stuff?

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I had my Merkel 470 completely re-stocked by LeRoy Barry at Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks years ago, with a new black decelerator pad and he put an engraved metal grip cap on mine. I had him engrave the head of a cape buffalo. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJ tulo gunmakers in Denver put the red decelerator on for me and also installed the grip cap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PSmith,

You will not have to eat the bug.

After playing the S2 this weekend, I most definitely like the Krieghoff better. Good deal on a S2 470ne coming to the classifieds soon!

Eddie

One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Yep, no surprise there. Without even getting into the functional issues of the S2, the handling of the Blaser is so different from any other rifle (and not in a good way). Glad to hear I don't have to eat that bug, because I am a man of my word and all.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
DRSS