THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A Couple of interesting AND POSSIBLE LOW COST DR's for sale on gunbroker
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Couple of interesting AND POSSIBLE LOW COST DR's for sale on gunbroker
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A Couple of interesting AND POSSIBLE LOW COST DR's for sale on gunbroker - Chapuis 470NE, Heym 458WM

Chapuis 470NE
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=218027176

Heym 458WM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=218035133

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
I think I'll pass and get a 5500.00 double instead.
Wink

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Appears that a few of us were right all along, eh, Steve-o?

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do I know, I'm a gun snob with a lousy pellet gun wave (I've got my own dremmel)

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cane Rat:

No we weren't, we were shouted down remember - until a few nasty's surfaced when the detractors went quiet. Big Grin

All in all, their are obviously a few good
Sabs around but the 2 above show just what
is available for not much more - which was said by a few people.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But wait......more awesome targets to come...
rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
quote:

No we weren't, we were shouted down remember - until a few nasty's surfaced when the detractors went quiet. Big Grin

All in all, their are obviously a few good
Sabs around but the 2 above show just what
is available for not much more - which was said by a few people.

tu2

I think there was about four of us on here; you, Express Rifles, Nganga, and myself who pointed out that maybe, just maybe, you get what you pay for and your dollars might be better spent on a Chapuis or Merkel and for that we were excoriated and roundly attacked. Guess we may have been correct all along.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think there was about four of us on here; you, Express Rifles, Nganga, and myself who pointed out that maybe, just maybe, you get what you pay for and your dollars might be better spent on a Chapuis or Merkel and for that we were excoriated and roundly attacked. Guess we may have been correct all along.

Lucky we aren't shrinking violets then, isn't it Big Grin

If we were, we'd be compost by now being spread over the flower beds. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont see this as either party being right or wrong just facts to be shown a better rifle can be bought at a little more increase over the sab rifle..

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Lucky we aren't shrinking violets then, isn't it Big Grin

If we were, we'd be compost by now being spread over the flower beds. Smiler

Yup, but we're not. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Express_Rifles:
I dont see this as either party being right or wrong just facts to be shown a better rifle can be bought at a little more increase over the sab rifle..

Agree.

I think the 2nd part of what we were arguing, that they didn't shoot / weren't as well built as people thought and some shoddy practices involved (the last bit came out a bit later in the argument) is still 50/50, with some good shooting guns out there and some crap one's.

Long term, we'll see - and that's only because from my experience, if someone cut corners in one place, they often do in others and those might not quite become apparent until later on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well They can the VC o/u in 375 flanged-450-400

is 6500 a VC PH is 9500 a Merkel is around 9

new a Kregihoff is 11500 a Searcy is 10500 a

Chapius starts at 9500 new you have to shop

around some times go direct to the companies

and they will talk to you about rifles not even listed..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, before people assume I started this thread to support our argument over Sabs, WRONG, I copied the link from NE Forum as i thought some people might like to have an opportunity to buy some good guns that looked like they are well priced.

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Long term, we'll see - and that's only because from my experience, if someone cut corners in one place, they often do in others and those might not quite become apparent until later on.

This is exactly what I worry about and for this reason I would never buy one.

Good point, 500N.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
500N,
I agree with you assessment, My original thread was intended as a serious question. I was called a gun snob, was accused of peeing on "lesser members" and even chastised for poor taste in air rifles.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
500N,
I agree with you assessment, My original thread was intended as a serious question. I was called a gun snob, was accused of peeing on "lesser members" and even chastised for poor taste in air rifles.

Steve

And mostly by people who own one or only a few DR's and haven't had the depth of pain involved in owning and getting shooting quite a few Big Grin

Although the odd person in that thread did have a lot of experience, I think most didn't
and IMHO, you don't know what you don't know until you know the other half of it Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nganga:
500N,

Steve

You do have shit taste in air rifles, I prefer BSA and RWS, but your taste in double rifles is spot on. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well...I was only 8,and my dad did buy it for me and hell I never knew any better and still don't
moon

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You guys should take this back to high school, or maybe grade school.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19319 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,
Maybe you should go back and re-read some of the foul things said to me and others before you mount your high horse.

My original thread "forgive my ignorance" was sincere and a legitamate question, the "high post count hero's" around here were rude as hell as usual.

Go back to writing your lousy self righteous books.

tu2

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Alright, back to the original intent of this post - two nice rifles for sale.

Does anyone have any experience with the win 458 in a D/R?

Seems like in the factory loads, the FPS exceeds the "sweet spot". Are the pressures too much for a DR?

And a belted magnum, how does that work?

A friend and PH asked me to look at doubles for him - if one could be had at a reasonable price.

And I do not think, if all things being close to equal, I would trust my life to an S gun. Just me.

Thanks

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK who post here uses a 458 win double without

so much as a hiccup and with what seems to be

close to 20 elephants thats good enough for me..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An experienced person on NE forum (where I copied this from) said you can easily rechamber to 450 NE and often without re regulating.

What I know about DR's I can believe it if the gun shoots already which is likely.

I'll let others comment on the above.

I have a 375H&H in a DR, works fine for me.

The comments on the belted magnums in DR's in a lot of cases seem to come from people who haven't used one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I even think someone here has a 458 lott

over under . Which functions great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
Alright, back to the original intent of this post - two nice rifles for sale.

Does anyone have any experience with the win 458 in a D/R?

Seems like in the factory loads, the FPS exceeds the "sweet spot". Are the pressures too much for a DR?

And a belted magnum, how does that work?

A friend and PH asked me to look at doubles for him - if one could be had at a reasonable price.

And I do not think, if all things being close to equal, I would trust my life to an S gun. Just me.

Thanks

Jack,
Your right....sorry for my attempted hijack.
Take care.
Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm last I heard Gun Broker was an AUCTION and what we see is just the starting bid! Now, possibly, one could pick up a good deal here, and certainly $6200 for a Chapuis in 470 would qualify.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Hmmm last I heard Gun Broker was an AUCTION and what we see is just the starting bid! Now, possibly, one could pick up a good deal here, and certainly $6200 for a Chapuis in 470 would qualify.
Peter.

Exactly.

I don't understand the practice of posting here that which has come up for sale elsewhere on internet.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Express_Rifles:
Well They can the VC o/u in 375 flanged-450-400

is 6500 a VC PH is 9500 a Merkel is around 9

new a Kregihoff is 11500 a Searcy is 10500 a

Chapius starts at 9500 new you have to shop

around some times go direct to the companies

and they will talk to you about rifles not even listed..

If you see a big bore VC PH for sale new for $9500 you should post it here, as it's not possible.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
i have a great zoli with double triggers in 9.3x74R i will sell for 4700 + shipping it is an OU

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you see a big bore VC PH for sale new for $9500 you should post it here, as it's not possible.

Its been awhile since I last had to price them given maybe 5 years but thats the price I remember.But just relooked into it 11k 1,500 more now not that big of a jump

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Peter.

Exactly.

I don't understand the practice of posting here that which has come up for sale elsewhere on internet.

Because a guy on NE forum was asking about getting a DR and various people mentioened various models and where to look etc. The Chapuis 470 was listed and since one of the themes of the thread was it can be hard to see what is around all the time, I thought others might like a crack at it.

After all, not everyone has heaps of time, all the time to continually search forums, web sites and the gun broker sites. If someone sees a gun that others might be interested in, why not pass it on. A fair few DR's I own came from a "heads up" phone call from someone to say XYZ is available.

Finally, I thought they were OK auctions as they reserve or lack of reserve was a good thing.

Just my HO.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. Will have to look real close at the 470 NE. Might have to follow me home!!

DRSS
Beretta 45-70 belgian mag
Tikka 512S 9.3 x 74R
Baikal o/u 30-06
Looking for next one

Posts: 290 | Location: Western Colorado | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Don't get to excited, its an auction. The only number with any real value is the one when its over.

My money says it sure wont be $6200!.

03-10-11 Well I guess I was right, $8300 & $10,500. Not such good bargains anymore!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I for one, appreciate these "heads up" notices. I do not frequent all the forums where doubles are sold.
Peter.
PS. Last bid was $6525 on the 470, but I suspect that the "smart money" is waiting for the last 5 minutes. Two days to go.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the Chapuis goes for less than $8500,it was stollen.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on the Heym in 458WM????????

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
Any thoughts on the Heym in 458WM????????

I think the poster who said take it out to 450NE was spot on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was the lucky winner of the 470 in this auction.I look forward to getting it home and warming the barrels.

Got a date with an elephant in May and likely a second one this summer as well.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done and good luck. I'm glad something good came out of the posting of this thread.

Interesting that the Heym wnet for $10,480.
Not sure if that is good or bad.

Anyone care to comment ?

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyedoc:
I was the lucky winner of the 470 in this auction.I look forward to getting it home and warming the barrels.

Got a date with an elephant in May and likely a second one this summer as well.

Congratulations freind! tu2

Absolutely beautiful rifle!

I almost bought one just like it in .375H&H several years ago. They are great rifles.

Again, congrats!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote