Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff 500 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Does anyone have a K-gun in 500 NE and if, so, can you tell me what it weighs? I would be particularly interested in know what one weighs with a Break-O recoil reducer in it.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dave, I get tired just thinking about carrying one. Heck even the little Sabatti .450-400 at 9 pounds 5 ounces seems like it would be tiring under a hot sun ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Isn't that about the same weight as a scoped M70 or M700 in 30-06?

I know exactly what will make you feel better ...

Just carry a 577 or 600 around for a while and then switch to the 500 or 450-400. It'll feel like a Featherweight - at least for a little while. Wink

Just kidding. My dad's go to rifle when not in Africa is his Rem 700Ti in 300SAUM topped with lightweight scope and mounts. In Africa it's his 585AHR or the V-C 375 Flanged.

It's all good as long as its good for you. tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Dave,
First stop gun has one up for sale,a quick phone call and they should be able to tell you what it weighs or alternatively just call Krieghoff USA.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Bill:

That's the gun I have been looking at. Called Mark and he put it on a postal scale. It weighs just under 10 pounds. That's really light for a 500 IMHO. So, called Don at Krieghoff Int. in PA and he said he can put a Krieghoff Break-O recoil reducer in it for $400 which would bring it up to nearly 11 pounds. I'm still talking with Mark.

I have a CZ 500 Jeffery so took it out to the range yesterday. It feeds perfectly, even 535 grain Barnes Banded flat nose solids and it is fairly heavy, a real joy to shoot. Still thinking.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave-
Check your PM's

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Got it Ken. Thanks.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE