THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    New HEYM Double Rifle Stock - by Ralf Martini
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New HEYM Double Rifle Stock - by Ralf Martini
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
For those not familiar with our "Express" rifle project with Ralf Martini, we asked Ralf to re-design the overall profile of the rifle a few years back, with paritular attention to the stock.

Well, the rifle turned out great as you can see above, and it was very well received.

The next logical step was to have Ralf address the double rifle stocks, and we started on that early last spring.

Here is Ralf in Germany discussing the changes.

Ralf working on the cheekpiece.

Ralf's rough-shaped stock.

Again, we are very pleased with the end result, and I think you will be too. Ralf is a real talent to have on board!

Stop by DSC, HSC or SCI to see the new "Martini" stock on the doubles.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Would be interesting Chris to see the older style butt stock compared side-by-side with the newer style.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks great.

I like that Express rifle too. I have read good things about them, sadly haven't handled one.

Cheers,

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the bolt gun stock but to my taste the pistol grip on the DR is a little scant.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ralf is a true artist with both wood and metal. Eager to see the finished product.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Ralf is a true artist with both wood and metal. Eager to see the finished product.

+1.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good to see Ralf working with double rifles.Chris,will Ralf be at the SCI convention?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Before x-mas I was in the HEYM factory to shoot my new double.

I think I had seen some doubles (with the new design) for the USA, here is an handy-pictures.
:-)
Great!

Best wishes and mutch fun at the two shows.

The "B."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Those look really nice.Will they be at the SCI convention? If so I might have to handle one and leave my finger prints all over it.Which size actions are we looking at? Is that the same size as the Searcy long bar action?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Those look really nice.Will they be at the SCI convention? If so I might have to handle one and leave my finger prints all over it.Which size actions are we looking at? Is that the same size as the Searcy long bar action?

No, but I am not too sure what a Searcy action has in common with a Webley Long Bar action either.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be interesting to see what he might bring to the Easter gun show here. Or the Africa hunting exposition. Would imagine he will show here for one or the other.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is quite interesting that the german and more or less all makers of DB rifles slowly but steady copy the british style. It is pretty obvious what the market wants and perhaps what was right 100 + years ago..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pondoro:
It is quite interesting that the german and more or less all makers of DB rifles slowly but steady copy the british style. It is pretty obvious what the market wants and perhaps what was right 100 + years ago..

You are spot on . . . only question is what took them so long.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Heym did this style since more than hundert years. I can post pictures of old Heym doubles (from the 1910 and 1920tys)with looks near to this design as to the from the year 2000.

Also I have some H%H in the archive, from the 1970/1980tys, witch has an modern-fancy design also.

Best wishes my friends.

"B."

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Good to see Ralf working with double rifles.Chris,will Ralf be at the SCI convention?

Yes, Ralf will be next to us in Dallas (in his booth) and in ours at SCI.

See you there.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

+1

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Yes, I often advise looking at Ralf's site to see what rifle stocking is supposed to look like.
No better maker around IMO.

Posts: 3319 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
MJines:
quote:
Pondoro:
It is quite interesting that the german and more or less all makers of DB rifles slowly but steady copy the British style. It is pretty obvious what the market wants and perhaps what was right 100+ years ago

Ditto.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Easy answer. They are German. Eeker

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got an e-mail from the Africa show, he's supposed to be an exhibitor at the local show, on Jan 23rd. Even if he doesn't have one of those to show off, he will have some nice stuff.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do like Heyms, very happy with my sr20 in 243, just needs to be partnered with a left handed express in 30-06 or 375 or both, plus a double and the cash and the time to use them properly!

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
Yes, I often advise looking at Ralf's site to see what rifle stocking is supposed to look like.
No better maker around IMO.

+1

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote