THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    How does one export an antique firearm to Australia?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does one export an antique firearm to Australia?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I have an Australian gentleman who want to purchase an antique rifle from me. What do I need to do to export an antique firearm to Australia form the United States?

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you export, you need his import papers.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
I've sold a few rifles to a mate down under. The easiest thing to do is to send the rifle to an exporter and they will take care of all the paperwork on your end and wait for the paperwork on the other end. You have payment before you send it off and then all is out of your hands.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
an Australian gentleman

rotflmo

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their paperwork in hand is the key, I believe. And once they have that, a licensed exporter is the way to go.
I sold a handgun to a friend from Australia. The transaction took almost a full 9 months from start to finish but in the end, he has what he wanted.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used these guys several times in the past to export rifles I have purchased in the United States to me here in NZ

Simpson Ltd - Exporting

Not cheap and takes a bit of time but straight forward

Posts: 39 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 February 2014Reply With Quote