THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Any Word From Butch Searcy (RE: Hip Surgery)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Word From Butch Searcy (RE: Hip Surgery)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Wishing him a successful and minimally painful surgery.
I don't recall when he said his surgery would take place.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Butch had successful hip replacement surgery a few weeks back - I think it was on 6 February. Since then, he has been recovering at home. I have spoken to him a few times and text with him a couple of times a week. He says he feels better every couple of days. The pain in his back and side are gone, and he looks forward to getting back to work.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good reply Admiral! I would have said that he is just a lazy *&^%) and is using Hip replacement as an excuse not to work!!! jumping
(Damn I hope Butch doesn't read this)
Actually talked to him today and he's feeling much better.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Good to hear he is on the mend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news.
I wrote to him when I had my hip joint replacement on 9 Feb. to give him some insight into what I was experiencing and what he might expect (But since his surgery was prior to mine, the insight would have been moot.).

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good news! tu2 I'll call him today and check on him! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Butch earlier today. He is going stir crazy, so he he is back in the shop puttering around. It may still be a while before he can stand over a workbench all day building double rifles. All in all, he is recovering nicely. He wasn't even grouchy today!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He wasn't even grouchy today!

It MUST be the drugs :-)

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Butch this morning and he is back in the shop, albeit with some assistance from a walker. He is doing some limited work. He sent me a pic of the device that they had used to replace his hip. Made me queasy! Said that he wished that he had done this some years ago, as it would have likely prevented a number of the issues that he has had with his back and knee. I wished him the best from all of us at AR as well.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have to make some time to go up and see him, it's been to long.

Time seems to be the problem with everything though. I just flew back from New Zealand yesterday, I have to spend 5 days next week on another business trip and now I'm looking at having to go to Ghana this month also.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,
You're not that far! No excuses. Go check on him and give him hell!!!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the hell Frank do I need to give you a formal invite. Hell Rick lives in Pagosa Springs Co. and he's been here twice in the last year or so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be careful what you post on a public forum Butch!!!

My parole officer didn't know I even left the state...... shocker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how far from Boise?

Get better soon...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLS:
What the hell Frank do I need to give you a formal invite. Hell Rick lives in Pagosa Springs Co. and he's been here twice in the last year or so.

Good to see you online Butch.

I've been making excuses, I'll get up there soon.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank I'm just pulling your leg but your welcome any time as well as any double rifle enthusiast.

By the way to all that call and don't leave a message, LEAVE A MESSAGE!!! or you might not get me. My secretary of 18 years retired on me just because her husband retired from his job.(can you imagine that)

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLS:
Hey Frank I'm just pulling your leg but your welcome any time as well as any double rifle enthusiast.

By the way to all that call and don't leave a message, LEAVE A MESSAGE!!! or you might not get me. My secretary of 18 years retired on me just because her husband retired from his job.(can you imagine that)

Butch,

Anyone who puts up with you for 18 years must need retirement! Big Grin

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm going to miss Lisa. She always reloaded my double rifle ammo for me and did a great job. And yes, she kept Butch in line! LOL! rotflmo Who knows, she may come out of retirement! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Butch,

I hope you didn't sleep in today, the weather is pretty nice.

Let me know when you are up for company and I'll come down and pet your rifles.

I only live 30 miles north of you.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Hip surgery seems to be common practice with double rifle builders! Doesnt look food for me.

Many years ago Bradshaw had hip replacement surgery, mostly due to years of martial arts as I remember. He says it was the best thing he could have done. He's back to round house kicking random objects and doing splits.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1023 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Butch,

Let me know when you're going, maybe we can all get together and lie to each other about what great hunters we are. I'll bring the cigars.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with Butch today. He says this is the best day he's had and see's the light at the end of the tunnel. Course, he's not any closer to getting my .470 done, but he said he feels so much better.....
And trust me, he appreciates the curiosity from you guys! He said so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Let me know when you're going, maybe we can all get together and lie to each other about what great hunters we are. I'll bring the cigars.

So call me, I'm not here after 11:00 AM

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Butch, I'm out of town next week on business but I'll call and arrange a visit after that.

Frank