THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Price check on Sarasqueta SxS double rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check on Sarasqueta SxS double rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Sarasqueta side by double rifle in .375 H&H that I need to sell. It is a sidelock, in great condition, regulated very well, the only downside is some not so caring type in the past mounted Weaver mounts on the rib for the scope. It functions well, and I always planned on sending it off to have a proper set of mounts made, but oh well.
I have been offered 5,500. US for it. Does this sound anywhere near fair? I bought it for a bit more than that, but noticed it sat online for quite a while, which is factoring into my taking a possible loss. Any input would be appreciated.

thanks
Rick

DRSS

Posts: 709 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it the ejector model or the Extractor model ?

Not sure where the markt is for those ATM but I would have
thought that figure at the bottom end. They aren't bad guns IMHO.

Depends on how god / bad the scope set up is.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500N
thanks for the input. It is a case colored ejector model. I think it is a pretty well made and finished gun. Nothing appears buggered up with the mounts; they simply drilled and tapped 4 holes and put on the 2 mounts. Beyond not 'belonging', they look fine and function well also. Just a shame....

DRSS

Posts: 709 | Location: Gulf coast SW Fla. USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by foxhound:
500N
thanks for the input. It is a case colored ejector model. I think it is a pretty well made and finished gun. Nothing appears buggered up with the mounts; they simply drilled and tapped 4 holes and put on the 2 mounts. Beyond not 'belonging', they look fine and function well also. Just a shame....

Probably makes it a more useable, functional gun !!!

I have one, Silver finish.

Some of them were really good, some just above average.

They have never seemed to acheive higher values, not sure why,
probably never had "the name".

I'd ask yourself a couple of questions.
1. Do you want to sell it
2. Do you use it / will you or do you want to use it in the future ?
3. If you sell it, what, if anything, will you replace it with ?
(Generally I find you can never replace a gun for the same or similar money).

Just my HO.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
Probably makes it a more useable, functional gun !!!

I have one, Silver finish.

Some of them were really good, some just above average.

They have never seemed to acheive higher values, not sure why,
probably never had "the name".

I'd ask yourself a couple of questions.

1. Do you want to sell it
2. Do you use it / will you or do you want to use it in the future ?
3. If you sell it, what, if anything, will you replace it with ?
(Generally I find you can never replace a gun for the same or similar money).

Just my HO.

Hi Foxhound,

VERY GOOD TAKE on this matter by 500N. No
suprise. Consider what he's said seriously...

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Encore on what 500N said. Let me also add:
Why did you buy it?
What has changed since you bought it?
(You presumably know what you would buy if you sold it)
The 373H&H is a very useful caliber, especially for moose! Why not post pictures here?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes economic realities force the issue. I prefer to be optimistic, and think that I can continue to oogle and shop until the time comes that I can get another one. Kind of like women; there's more than one out there that'll get your tail to waggin'!
Thanks for all the great advice.
Rick

DRSS