THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone interested in a .500 NE Blaser?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone interested in a .500 NE Blaser?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
A local gunshop that I do a lot of business with has a .500 NE Blaser with dies, two boxes of Hornady ammo, bullets, and brass for sale, all for $9,000. I don't know if the price is good, bad, or indifferent, but thought I would pass it on. The rifle looks to be in close to new condition. The shop is G&G Guns in Lakewood, Colorado (303) 274-7970.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy, they're tough to sell. They're discontinued now, and Maddog Guns in AZ has most of the remaining stock in the USA. They're very accurate rifles, but were never very well accepted here in this country.

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Wait, you mean they want someone to pay THEM $9,000.

shocker

I'm not sure it would be worth the ridicule of owning one if THEY paid me $9,000 to take it off their hands.

hilbily

stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, I think your sister just bought it :-)

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Yea, not my cup of tea, but the owner of the shop treats me well, so I told him I would throw it out here.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy, tell your dealer to get ready for an offer from Todd. He's just trash-talking...prepping you for his usual low-ball offer.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Boomy, tell your dealer to get ready for an offer from Todd. He's just trash-talking...prepping you for his usual low-ball offer.

THIS video shows the proper way to deal with a Blaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nPMpGVrfXo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a great YouTube video showing how to convert a Blaser barrel into a fairly useful pry bar.

I've also heard they make great car jack tools as well.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd made a funny! Todd made a funny!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
I'll take a Sabatti or even a Merkel (bang-bang)... Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know someone with a Blaser S2 Luxus double with 2 barrel sets, in 470NE and 30-06, asking $8,500.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Todd, I think your sister just bought it :-)

yuck

jumping

hammering

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote