THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450 31/4ne Bradshaw fb dr w.hand detachable locks almost done: SALE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 31/4ne Bradshaw fb dr w.hand detachable locks almost done: SALE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://forums.accuratereloadin...0101804/m/1131083012

I have paid 9500 usd: wood upgrade worth 1500usd, two deposits. Last deposit of 4000usd remaining. Rifle is not engraved yet, can decide barrel length, etc. Case color hardening etc is included, but not done yet.

Rifle build has come as far as stocking (roughed out) and rough metalwork is done but no polish yet.

I have waited over two years and even if the rifle is coming together now, I have a refund agreement (two year deadline), and I need a rifle for a buffalo hunt in september. I believe Bailey can finish the gun within a few months, but not in time for my hunt. I need the money for an off the shelf double. Therefore with great ambivalence, I am cancelling/selling if anyone interested with more patience are interested. PM me if you are and I will inform Bailey so we can find the best way to proceed.
quote:

Hope it is ok that I post here. And trying to make it easer for Bailey refunding...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice wood! And in a great caliber.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may have one of the only large caliber Baily Bradshaw falling block doubles.
Hope to use it on a Jumbo soon.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add, stock length, cast off etc is still configurable. So all personal adjustments are still open. Only caliber and falling block action is decided.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
I may have one of the only large caliber Baily Bradshaw falling block doubles.
Hope to use it on a Jumbo soon.

I have one in .500 NE. That makes 2.

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what mine will be...a 500 NE, with a second barrel set in 450-400.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally have my 470 back with a retrofit lock mechanism. That makes 3.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the problem he has with delivery is obsession with detail and time spent on each rifle. Then there is creative genious and perhaps not a comparable buisness sense. If I was in a different situation (planned hunt), I would never hesitate on an opportunity like this (build time months instead of years)... But I will be refunded anyway, just a heads up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had B.Searcy build me a 470 NE about 2 years ago.
Due to medical considerations it has never been fired.I have ammo etc that was purchased from an AR member before I received the DR.
Any interest?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No thanks Smiler