THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Group Buy Opportunity: Chapuis Brousse .375 Flanged
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group Buy Opportunity: Chapuis Brousse .375 Flanged
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
The idea of a double rifle in .375 Flanged Magnum intrigues me. I think it would be a great all round double for use anywhere in the world. I have been exploring the possibility of whether a group buy might be possible and have developed the following opportunity with a dealer. As noted, for the group buy to work and result in any savings, the rifles have to be “standardized”. That is, each rifle must be built to the same specifications, no customization of stock dimensions, barrel length, engraving, etc.

Specifications

Rifle: Chapuis Brousse
Caliber: .375 Flanged Magnum
Barrels: 25.5”
LOP: 14.9”
Weight: ~9.25 lbs
Action Finish: Case colored with blued trigger guard
Stock Dimensions: No cheekpiece, no cast, factory standard drop at comb and heel
Sling Swivels: Factory installed
Rings/Bases (1”or 30mm): $375
Other Options: None

Pricing: Retail for one rifle is typically $9750, depending on the number of rifles in the group buy price would be $8500 (2-4 rifles), $8250 (5-9 rifles), $8100 (10-14 rifles), $7750 (15+); price is all inclusive including shipping to your FFL (pricing is based on the current US Dollar to Euro exchange rate and could change if the exchange rate moves materially). From a timing perspective, we are trying to pull this together prior to January 1.

Terms: The dealer would require a 50% deposit on placing the order (credit cards plus 3%), balance prior to delivery. Other than helping arrange a group, which I am trying to facilitate, all the dealings would be through the dealer (suffice it to say the dealer is someone that would be familiar to many on this Forum although he prefers that I not identify him on this post).

Other: To be clear, the pricing on the group buy would be based on rifles “standardized” as set forth above. That means there can be no customization in terms of dimensions, wood quality, etc. Each rifle the dealer gets will for all intent and purposes be the same and he will simply ship from the top of the pile (e.g., no “pick the prettiest one out for me because I am special" Smiler)

If you are interested or have questions, drop me a PM.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

You are a bad person, but this sounds great. Wanted/Tried to send a PM, but I'm too technologically challenged to accomplish that. I can, however, operate a double rifle. Please keep me posted. I can respond to PM's, just can't initiate them.

Thanks.

Posts: 10371 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If you can shoot a DR, you can post a PM. Go to the top of this page and click on "new". Click on "private Message", and it will tell you what to do from there.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lavaca, put the cursor on Mike's name. It will turn into a hand. Click on that and you will get a drop down menu, one of the options is "Invite to a private topic".
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have replied to folks that have sent PMs. tu2

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike I might have missed it above. Are these to be ejectors or extractor guns?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Ejectors. I should have included that in the original post.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Back up. Have heard from a number of folks that are potentially interested. If anyone else might be interested, drop me a note. Thanks.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is an interesting offer.It would be nice to add a pic of a 375 FL next to the Searcy below.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
One last post-holiday attempt to rouse up some interest. I have had several folks indicate that they are interested; however, unless we get a decent core of serious buyers it is probably not worth the effort to make this happen. If you looking for a way to burn holiday cash or have decided to buy yourself the gift you really wanted, give me a shout in the next couple of days.

Mike