New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Caliber Double
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys have got me pulsating over not buying that 25-35 double at SCI Dallas some 10 or so years ago..I still have nightmares of letting it get away for $7 grand..then their was the 30-40? Mac what year was that at Champlains booth in Dallas, it was 11 grand as I recall.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
All the best with your recovery Paul K. I'm pleased you can still shoot.

Thanks. Could have been much worse.
Just need to let things heal and go slow.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22LR double with matching 410 bbls. .and a WESTLEY Richards in 250/3000. Both are fun.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
You guys have got me pulsating over not buying that 25-35 double at SCI Dallas some 10 or so years ago..I still have nightmares of letting it get away for $7 grand..then their was the 30-40? Mac what year was that at Champlains booth in Dallas, it was 11 grand as I recall.

Sounds about right Ray! That year Harrys' partner had a Kittner S/S double with a German scope in claw mounts chambered for 8X57JR for$5k and like a fool I walked away without buying it! I have a cape gun with a 8X57JR barrel and a 16ga shot barrel and 8X57JR dies, and components by the ton for it. Those two would have made a real pair, and That was the year you were thinking about selling SWEET THANG and I didn't buy that one either.
That year was full of mistakes!
.................................................................. CRYBABY

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Merkel O/U cape gun in 16GA /22 Savage HP. I have an insert barrel for the 16ga barrel on the way from Germany. It's chambered in the 22 Savage HP. I plan on using the gun for fall turkey.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote