New
Find
Notify
Tools

.577BPE Bullet Moulds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I find bullet moulds for the .577BPE?
My friend is currently shooting 560-590grain slugs, and needs to buy some moulds. I think he is at .585 diameter.
Who makes good moulds, and where do you buy them???
Thanks, ND Smiler

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.stevebrooksmoulds.com IIRC. He can take a jacketed bullet and make you a cast bullet mould that will duplicate the profile and bearing surface.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rich!!! We are looking for several moulds for the 577BPE. My buddy has aquired most of the casting equipment now. He has a 25yd range under his house and shoots thousands and thousands of .45 rounds through his 1911's, so there is a never ending supply of Meister Hard Cast lead.
This .577 stuff is a whole new world, as getting components, data, ...everything is much tougher. Everything seems to stop at 50 caliber.
Oh well...that's half the fun of it...making it all yourself, and learning new stuff. Helps build pride in what you accomplish.
Thanks again, ND Smiler

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Dave Powell has a set. Dave has done a lot of work with the old British BP Express rifles, and is a wealth of knowledge on that subject. Check item 100096778 on gunsinternational. Dave actually owns that website. This mold is for a .592 round ball, but if you contact him through that listing, I'm sure he knows the best sources for others.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NEI and LBT have made me molds for my .500 Express (440g & 480g). Both do an excellent job for nitro for black loads.Another source for recommendation is contacting Ross Seyfried.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Thanks for the leads...I had forgot about Ross...

Biebs,
I forgot about David Powell also,
I bought some 450#2NE dies and brass from him, some years back. He is a very nice man, and a pleasure to deal with!
Thanks, ND Smiler

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE