Find
Notify
Tools

New Searcy 450NE Wood
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
[URL= ]Wood[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stunning wood. Very nice!

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That does look mighty fine. Yours?

Posts: 12207 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice one George! I was there the day it was going into the furnace for cch. It’s going to be a nice rifle.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
That does look mighty fine. Yours?

yes

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wood gives character Smiler

Looking forward to see the finished result and in some better light tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This one is on the road to being a gem! It has desirable features.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Double BC:
Nice one George! I was there the day it was going into the furnace for cch. It’s going to be a nice rifle.

Double BC,
Did you order a double too? If so, what chambering?

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
George I got your registration the other day. That is a beautiful piece of wood, will it be done in time for the Safari Rifle Challenge?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:
George I got your registration the other day. That is a beautiful piece of wood, will it be done in time for the Safari Rifle Challenge?

Jay,

Yes it is finished and should be on its way to the importer tomorrow.Then in about a month it should arrive.I am looking forward to shooting with it at the Safari Rifle Challenge and in Africa in October!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
Originally posted by Double BC:

Double BC,
Did you order a double too? If so, what chambering?

Mine is a 450 as well.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Milo Shanghai
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
quote:
Originally posted by JCS271:

Jay,

Yes it is finished and should be on its way to the importer tomorrow.Then in about a month it should arrive.I am looking forward to shooting with it at the Safari Rifle Challenge and in Africa in October!

Congratulations, George. Looks like a real peach. Purely individual fit, I know, I prefer a tighter radius grip but it never looks as elegant as what you have on order. Hope it shoots well for you.

Posts: 680 | Location: London | Registered: 03 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post

Looks like all weather plywood.
Smiles to you from Alaska.
Turnabout is fair play.
Remember all of your posts to me and others?
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
does not appear to have much drop. are you having a scope fitted?
Foreend does appear to be nice and short.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cal, I believe you may be mistook there, that looks an awful lot like it was soaked in 380 Loctite, nothing will ever come loose that way.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 Very nice George. Enjoy you safari in October. jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not what I would call stunning wood. Hope it shoots well. Just not my cup of tea. Best of luck with your new rifle.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch tends to leave a lot of wood on his stocks, I finally figured out why! He has hands that should be on a giant not one of normal human beings...I sent him my Jefferys to copy the stock so he has the ability to make a slimmer leaner stock..

Nice stock, I like a dark near black stock on any rifle, not much into the blond stuff..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote