Find
Notify
Tools

heat shield for barrel???/
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
ive seen several heat shields that sort od "snap" around the barrels of DR's and shotguns... something like a leather c-vered piece od spring steel.... to keep your hand from being burned by hot barrels... where can i find such??...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2831 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

Look at accessories/shooting.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I use a golf glove on my hand holding the barrels with splinter forends while shooting at the range. It's more to give me a better grip than to combat the heat. On my double rifles when my barrels heat up too hot to touch I stop shooting and let them cool down.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Jeff's outfitters.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Galco makes them.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote