THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Hornady DGX 470 & 500 NE available at Midway
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady DGX 470 & 500 NE available at Midway
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
I was just notified that Midway has received the Hornady DGX ammo in both 470 & 500 NE. Don't know how much nor how long it will last, but if you've been waiting, now is the time to order.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just tried to order and it came up backorder. I called Midway and they said they were already out but were accepting back orders for another shipment they expect next week.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard these reports before and they wouldn't take orders. Never understood that. You'd think they would want to know how much they needed.

Currently, their website shows they will take back orders for softs, but they are still showing solids as "coming soon." Too late to get an operator.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up 3 boxes of DGX and a box of DGS for my 470 from Cabelas. You can order online and pick up in the store for free shipping. 55 and change per box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to make a hop over to Foat Wurth today and after reading this thread, stop in Cabelas. They did not have the 470 or 500 nitro on their shelves. They had 404J, 450 / 400, 450 x 3.25, 416 Rigby, and 458 Lott in the DG series of ammo.
The guy behind the counter checked online for availability in the warehouse stock. He found I believe 75 boxes of DGX in 470 but no DGS. I had him order me 4 boxes of the DGX.
He said I should have it in about a week. Anxious to pour some of this new lead through the Heym!
I will chrono and report on accuracy.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Rine where did you find the price of $55.00 a box? I am looking online for the 470 and am only seeing $119 per box....

Mac

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the 470 that I ordered, they are the reloading components.

Cabela's online store

Wow. My first attempt at a link and it worked, I must be on fire today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway and Grafs are out of 470NE, but Cheaper Than Dirt is showing them in stock at a higher price of $120.39.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ABLE AMMO HAS THEM IN STOCK ALSO. I RECEIVED A BOX OF BOTH SOFT POINTS AND SOLIDS LAST WEEK!