New
Find
Notify
Tools

biakal 30-06 double???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
my local gun shop has one of these and i was wondering if any one here has shot one and what were there impressions.it dose have a integral scope base machined right into the rib.

i dont want to waste the money if the thing wont shoot worth a damn.

but it would be nice to have a cheap beater to use in thick bush and to blow charging pop cans away with.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
never mind after doing a search the guns turned up to be toatle crap......

one of us
posted Hide Post
With all due respect, 700 Nitro ... I totally disagree. bewildered I own one and love it !!! It'll shoot close enough to whack a jack rabbit at a hundred yards .. I think that it is quite a nice looking rifle .. I bought it to shoot my venison on the hoof this November .. to play with .. and I'm also going to take the rifle to Namibia in August to shoot a wartie. I know that one chap who posted here had some problems with his rifle .. not sure of the final outcome there .. but I sure like mine. Right now I'm getting the sights changed a bit to accomodate the fact that along with being grizzled .. I also need a more 'in my face' front bead ... Too bad you live on the other side of the earth .. (Ontario) .. otherwise I'd lend you mine to try out ... Cheers !! Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is yours the 30-06... if so what loads are you using ....

i wanted to keep it quite mild actually a 220 grain round nose at 2150 fps

dosnt really matter im gonna save up and buy a 9.3x74r or a 375 h&h flanged.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, mine is the 30-06. Like most folks, I really want the 45/70 .. but it ain't around yet. My gun is factory regulated with 168 grain bullets. I did shoot a few 150 grain handloads and they were fine. Your suggestion on the larger bullets sounds good to me. I'm just a basically lazy chap who would rather stick with what already works which then gives me extra time to wonder what the hell went wrong with my life .. Frowner bewildered

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Like most folks, I really want the 45/70 ../QUOTE]

As do I..... stir

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will never buy another Russian imported rifle! I bought a 12 over 6.5x55 a couple of years ago and it was the 2nd worst rifle that I've ever owned. Heavy, poorly balanced, inaccurate, bad, bad, bad. I paid $300 for it and was happy to get $150 out of it.

The newer Remington branded Russian imports might be better, but once burned, twice cautious.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually this Baikal 30/06 is a rather foxy looking little musket. Trim, it ain't muzzle heavy like some of the double (big) rifles I have fondled ... Actually, I'm not trying to convert anyone ... it is just a nice May morning .. and I'm baby sitting an ancient geezer .. so I thought that I would sound off ... wave