THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Westley Richards rifle sling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westley Richards rifle sling
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just picked up one of the Westley Richards rifle slings. Quality is excellent, two inch width distributes weight very nicely uses one inch sling swivels. Question for those who own one, do they only come in one length? On my DR it's a bit long so if they only have one size it will go to the local cobbler to be shortened somewhat.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirk

I have two of the WR slings, they both adj. for length. I've had them for about four years, as you stated the quality is excellent. The two inch width is great.

Terry

Posts: 35 | Location: Southwest Kansas | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have both the Westley Richards and the slings from Trader Keiths. The width of the WR is nice, but the feature I like on Trader Keiths is the adherring stripes of material on the inside part of the sling. They give a non slip grip when deployed in a shoulder carry that prevents the rifle from slipping from the shoulder while walking. They are fully adjustable and the look and fuction are outstanding.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470drshooter:
I have both the Westley Richards and the slings from Trader Keiths. The width of the WR is nice, but the feature I like on Trader Keiths is the adherring stripes of material on the inside part of the sling. They give a non slip grip when deployed in a shoulder carry that prevents the rifle from slipping from the shoulder while walking. They are fully adjustable and the look and fuction are outstanding.

470drshooter,
I used to have some of Trader Keiths slings, that very item you think is great is one of the reasons I don't use them, yes the adherring strips are nice for not sliping off the shoulder but adjusting the length of the strap is downright a pain in the ass, plus the two inch width of the WR sling adheres very well maybe as good as the TR slings. Back to my question, does your WR sling seem long even when it's adjusted in all of the way?

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The shortest my WR sling adjusts to is 38" (Longest 50")with the swivels being 26" apart. I have 10" on the non adjustable portion of the sling that can be cut and reattached to shorten to your desired length Both slings are of same dimensions

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'am not sure that I understand the adjustment being a pain in the ass. Just slip the sling through the double sided cinch to the desired length.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Problem solved, my local cobbler/repairman is going to remove eight inches of stap, 4 from the loop adjustment side and 4 from the strap above the buckle.