New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fever gone!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I didn't know anything about double rifles until I joined this forum in Oct. 2007, but you guys gave me a low grade fever for a DR that wouldn't go away. So, today I sent the money to Kebco for one of those neat little Chapuis DR in 9.3 x 74R. I hope I'm cured.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1927 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Congrats....You are in for a lot of fun. Now start saving for a 470NE!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I think you just fanned the flame!

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You won't be sorry. They are cute little rifles.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19333 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Rather than a 470 for your next one, I'd suggest you try to get a 450 DR of any flavor but most probably it would be a 450 NE since that's the most common chambering. Shooting 458 bullets are a helluva lot cheaper than 475's especially if you get any kind of quantity.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
to bad so sad you are gut hooked now. Like potato chips you can not have just one dancing Better start saving.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats, hehehehe!!!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a good rifle. Ken has a great price on those.

I started off with a 9.3 chapuis and have graduated to a 470 and a 450/400 (had to sell the 9.3 to afford the 450/400). \

Don't kid yourself and think that you've filled that void with one little 9.3. Pretty soon you'll be rationalizing about buying a big boy stopper. Have fun and good luck keeping it from the woman.

And here you go for your new obsession...
Cased .475 Number 2 Nitro W. J. Jeffery Boxlock Ejector

"Sometimes nothing can be a pretty cool hand."

470 Heym; 9.3x74r Chapuis, Heym 450/400 on it's way

Posts: 653 | Location: austin, texas | Registered: 23 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS Oh yea my first love was a Grenner .360 3 1/2 I think. You are just bit at this point. See you in Dallas Reno Houston and welcome to the club.
Eland at 50 yards is the next step. You go Big bore in 5 years for a ten year run and then you go back to wanting you 9.3 or .360 so just dont sell this Chapuis trust me LOL

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BEGNO:
I didn't know anything about double rifles until I joined this forum in Oct. 2007, but you guys gave me a low grade fever for a DR that wouldn't go away. So, today I sent the money to Kebco for one of those neat little Chapuis DR in 9.3 x 74R. I hope I'm cured.

jumping jumping jumping

You are just getting started! Nobody can have just one! clap

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
By BEGNO:
"I hope I'm cured."

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

...and they say heroin is an expensive HABIT...

animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal animal

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
BEGNO,
Welcome to "THE DARK SIDE"!
Life as you know it will never be the same!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no cure for this infection

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
I went to the Sportsmans Show last weekend in Portland OR. There was a booth and a rep there from Holland and Holland. He had some beautiful long guns, shot guuns, Bolt Rifles and Double guns. I found my .470 NE. It was only $42,000.00. Not bad. Costs more than my Truck!

shocker beer

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote