THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    400NitroExpress Compared To An Expert STRIPPER!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400NitroExpress Compared To An Expert STRIPPER!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, you know what they teach those "working girls" -

Always Leave Them Wanting MORE!!! That is what

happens to me almost every time I read a post from our

resident self made/taught expert Mark. This man shares

so much information, of the EXACT type and quality that

I seek, [as I am sure many others do too] I just can't

get enough of what he offers. In practically every case,

though his posts present very valuable and sought after

facts, they at the same time present we who are less informed

with grounds for more and more questions. It's an addiction I

say! The amount of accurate information that he has passed

on to me, through public and private posts is so appreciated

by me that I wanted to extend this public THANK YOU to

him. I swear I might start a Mark - 400NitroExpress "Fan Club"!
Big Grin banana clap dancing salute cheers thumb wave

My hat is off to you friend. And when I get to Texas I am buying

you a steak dinner.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My pleasure, Jack. I look forward to meeting you.
-------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, oh. This can't be good.......

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:

Oh stop it.
--------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:

lol Get your mind out of the gutter "Grizzly"! lol

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For some reason this line from the movie "Airplane" popped into my mind:

"Timmy, do you like gladiator movies?"

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo lol lol jumping

Jack

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Dang Mark, how much did that commercial cost you? I guess now the news release will appear announcing your new BOOK!

jumping jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Oh you guys! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Mark:

I hope you wiped well after your last dump cause there is a lot of ass kissing going on here!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know after you meet 400NE face to face whether that stripper image of yours fades just a touch! Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Buy a bunch of books on doubles and read them, talk to people who are in the know on the subject and you will have acquired as much usable info on doubles (especially as it regards field use) as anybody else on here, except maybe Tony.

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buy a bunch of books on doubles and read them, talk to people who are in the know on the subject and you will have acquired as much usable info on doubles (especially as it regards field use) as anybody else on here, except maybe Tony.

bsflag

Not taking anything away from Tony (who knows more about hunting with DRs than most people), but Mark amazes everyone who is into DRs with his knowledge - and at the DRSS events he spouts the info off from memory.

But then again, we in the DRSS are not gentlemen...

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
I was not discounting Mr. Cash and his ability to spout information. Nor was I being derogatory in any regard. I was merely stating a fact. If he is able to retain information he reads and regurgitate it at will, good for him. All I was saying is that anybody wishing to expend the time and energy could acquire the same knowledge.
As for your gentleman remark, grow up and let sleeping dogs lie.
Edited to include: Nor was I challenging Mr. Cash's knowledge of doubles.

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All,

My opening post was a sincere compliment to 400NE and that's how HE took it

based on his immediate response. He contributes more information on this forum

of the type that I seek than any one else. I publically thanked the guy,

using what I THOUGHT would be seen as a funny comparison by EVERY ONE. "In a nut

shell" the more info Mark supplies, the MORE info I want. Hence he follows the

expert stripper motto [UNintentionally I'm sure] "always leave them wanting more"

ala Gypsy Rose Lee and May West of burlesque fame. In the past I have publicly

thanked with equal enthusiasm: retreever, 577NitroExpress & Doc52. These men allow

me to shoot their double rifles to my fill. They contribute to this forum for my

benefit in a different way than Mark does. But any one who helps me gets my thanks and

my willingness to help them in return if I get the opportunity to do so.

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Mark:

I hope you wiped well after your last dump cause

there is a lot of ass kissing going on here!

Was it THAT bad Paul?

animal animal animal

Jack

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allout:
Buy a bunch of books on doubles and read them, talk to people who

are in the know on the subject and you will have acquired as much

usable info on doubles (especially as it regards field use) as

anybody else on here, except maybe Tony.

Allout,

Mark has PROVEN that many of these acclaimed books have inaccurate

data, and IMO it's MARK that should have Safari Press waving money

at HIM!

Jack

One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
Bill74,

I am honestly taking offense to your post. My opening post was a sincere

compliment to 400NE and that's how HE took it based on his immediate response.

He contributes more information on this forum of the type that I seek

than any one else. I publically thanked the guy, using what I THOUGHT would be

seen as a funny comparison by EVERY ONE. "In a nut shell" the more info Mark

supplies, the MORE info I want. Hence he follows the expert stripper motto

[UNintentionally I'm sure] "always leave them wanting more" ala Gypsy Rose

Lee and May West of burlesque fame. In the past I have publically thanked with

equal enthusiasm: retreever, 577NitroExpress & Doc52. These men allow me to shoot

their double rifles to my fill. They contribute to this forum for my benefit in

a differnt way than Mark does. But any one who helps me gets my thanks and my

willingness to help them in return if I get the opportunity to do so.

BigFiveJack,
I had also taken offense to your post,the humor that was intended escaped me,now that you have cleared the air,let's just put it behind us,no harm done!my apologies & I will retract my post.

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
Jack,

I stand by the statement made above. No reason to take it any further than that. Have a good weekend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As for your gentleman remark, grow up and let sleeping dogs lie.

Those who forget the past are condemed to repeat it.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Mark:

I hope you wiped well after your last dump cause

there is a lot of ass kissing going on here!

Was it THAT bad Paul?

animal animal animal

No way, it's just I can see Mark's head getting bigger all that way in D.C. Wink

Both of you guys are true gentlemen.

577NitroExpress

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allout:

Gentlemen, I fail to see what in Allout's post generated all the negativity. Confused

What he said is absolutely true, all it takes to be as knowledeable as Mark is to study double rifles, and makers, along with the history of every one of them since God finished his seven day job, and you got it!

The problem is, Mark is the only person, I know, who has gone to the trouble to gain this much knowledge, so for now, he is the resident GURU!

When Mark is wrong about anything, which isn't very often, in regard to double rifles, it is usually concerning makes other than English, but even then, it is by the accident of the information being in a place where he didn't study, for lack of interest, no other reason. Once he finds a defeciency,in his learning, he quickly corrects it with the proper information logged into his brain.

The problem with the rest of us is,we rely on Mark for all our info, because it is easier than learning all that for ourselves!

The one thing you can always count on is, what Mark tells you, you can take to the bank, because it is golden!

........NUFF SAID, lets move on! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill74,

Of course I accept your apology, and I extend an apology to YOU

and any one else who took my opening post to be an attack on,

instead of a compliment to, 400NE.

A guy can THINK/BELIEVE that he has made himself PERFECTLY clear in his

meaning, leaving NO ROOM AT ALL for his point to be missed, and don't you

know some one [or more than one] who is reading the words can draw a

conclusion NOT AT ALL INTENDED by the original writter. It's a "perspective"
issue. Bill74 is a MAN. salute I PMed him saying that he had bashed me

for no reason, and I asked him to return to the thread and read all of it

again. He did so, realized I was complimenting our friend Mark, not berating

him, and promptly apologized and pulled his angry post directed at me. Well

now, all appropriate apoligies have been extended. Let's all go go to another

recent thread that I started, a question about 375 & 41 calibered Nitro Express

bbls being used on an action [with it's original buttstock] originally built for

500 Black Powder Express cartridges. I NEED MORE information! [Are you

listening Mark 400 - you know nothing troll! {JOKE - JOKE - JOKE, I am making fun

of MYSELF, Please, don't any one take any offence!!!}]

jumping]

Jack

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not discounting Mr. Cash and his ability to spout information

Hey Allout. I presume you also have the ability to recall and disseminate facts you have learned? Don't we all pass along things we have learned?

I guess we all fall into that regurgitating category?

If you have a problem with gained knowledge and passing it along, please state that.

Please don't make disparaging/denigrating remarks about Mark just because he has gleaned information and facts that he can pass along.

Mark is one of my best friends. He has been and continues to be, a dedicated student of double rifles. He has been a person my family can count on and he is a person of good character.

When Hornady was developing thier version of the 450/400 3 inch, they consulted with Mark several times. He freely gave them information that they did not have. Information he had read, information he had gathered during the years he has own and shot double rifles.

I guess that's just another expample of regurgitation?

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thumb Rusty.

Jack

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:
I was not discounting Mr. Cash and his ability to spout information

Hey Allout. I presume you also have the ability to recall and disseminate facts you have learned? Don't we all pass along things we have learned?

I guess we all fall into that regurgitating category?

If you have a problem with gained knowledge and passing it along, please state that.

Please don't make disparaging/denigrating remarks about Mark just because he has gleaned information and facts that he can pass along.

Mark is one of my best friends. He has been and continues to be, a dedicated student of double rifles. He has been a person my family can count on and he is a person of good character.

When Hornady was developing thier version of the 450/400 3 inch, they consulted with Mark several times. He freely gave them information that they did not have. Information he had read, information he had gathered during the years he has own and shot double rifles.

I guess that's just another expample of regurgitation?

Rusty,

Where was I at all disparaging towards Mr. Cash? As a matter of fact, if you go back and look at my initial post on this thread, I didn't even mention Mark.

I also stand my that post.

Look at the post directly above the post you are quoting me from. I was merely borrowing the phrasing from 577, re: "spouting information". No disrespect intended.

I honestly don't see where I have atacked Mark in the least. I simply said it was not impossible for anyone who wanted to learn to do so.

Do I like Mr. Cash, no I do not. But really, who cares? What does it matter? It really isn't worth the argument. If you look closely, I even stated that I was not challenging his knowledge of doubles. That statement was edited in about 5 minutes after the post was intially placed. I didn't do it for any reason other than I didn't want someone gettting all twisted out of sorts thinking I was railing on Mr. Cash.

Let's let this go Rusty. I have no beef with you at all. Nor do I wish to develop one. Have a good day sir.

Brian

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Brian,
I do not wish to argue either.

There are folks on the forums that I don't "Like". I do try to respect their considerable knowledge.

We'll let it go at that!

Rusty