THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Baikal SxS regulating problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baikal SxS regulating problem
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! I own a 30-06 sxs Baikal double and the right (floating) barrel hits 15 cm low/right at 50 meters (left one - in the bullseye everytime). Each one shoots nice groups, but I wonder how to bring the right barrel at the same hight, since the jack screw doesn't help at all. I mean that by turning it towards the butt, it causes the right barrel to shoot closer to the left one, but lower on the paper. By turning it the other way round - towards the muzzle - it causes the right barrel to shoot way to the right, but at the same hight as the left one. Anyone with the same problem? Could I get some advise about how to fix it myself, since we don't have any licensed gunsmiths over here?

"You're smart if you believe only half of what you hear, you are wise if you know which half that is."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go back to your first post and read the comments that Judge posted in the same thread. He covered it pretty well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Read it, took notes and hopefully it will work.

"You're smart if you believe only half of what you hear, you are wise if you know which half that is."

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
remove the bbls from the gun... clamp them in a vise, where you can't damage or scar it.... put a big crescent wrench on the end of barrels and either twist up or down, depending on which way they need to go... sounds rough, but it works... at least it did on my 45-70...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you jimatcat! It doesn't only sound rough, I guess it is rough and I don't think I got the heart and skills to do it. No offense, but I'll use Judge's suggestion. The problem I described is my fault. The jack screw on my gun was not placed right, it was sitting in a diagonal position, but the gun shot excellent. It was not enough for me killpc , so I tried and managed to set it right. After that, my Baikal shot as described before and I can't get the jack screw in it's initial position anymore. Mad