New
Find
Notify
Tools

any news on drss hunt ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone who has info about what is going on please contact me.is the shoot on or has it been cancelled ?

my cleveland to dallas flight was cancelled at the last minute 6:00 tonight when the dallas airport closed .

they rescheduled me for tomorrow- monday

pls call me at 814 774 5739

or e mail..... cabletools@alltel.net

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forecast for Brady, Tx is not good thru Wed. Guess I won't be driving up .

This weather has totally screwed my research for the 1st purchase of a DR. DSC and now the DRSS event, both missed, were really going to help me make up my mind on which DR.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I canceled too after seeing the driving conditions. Maybe we can get a group together at the range soon to shoot and compare notes. We get together informally at a range in Houston from time to time.

I sent a message to Rusty for the other guys that my double is clearly marked as approved for "Tropical loads" only and the current arctic conditions would surely invalidate the makers warranty on this 1908 rifle!

Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
showbart - head to reno for the sci convention

it will be worth every penny it costs you and you will see more double rifles and makers there than ever show up in dallas or houston.

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
snowing quite nicely here in fredrickburg tx.. where i'm gonna be for a couple days, it seems...this is a catch 22 for me... too far back to victoria tx and 80 miles from the DRSS shoot....hope the guys there are having fun....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jimatcat,

just twist the knob on the dash to 4L and put that big Dodge Diesel in gear!!! You DO own a 4WD pickup don't you? Ohhhhhhhhhhh man...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
hey i'm a jeep wagoneer fan.... and its in the shop.... Frowner Frowner.... i happen to be in a '91 gmc 2wd 1/2 ton ext cab pickup... if all the idiots that have no clue as to how to drive slow and careful would quit having pile-ups, i'd have been able to get there... as it is, it was getting rough driving on about 1" of ice for the last 60 miles... so i decided to cut my losses and pull in, sit it out.... i'm staying at a nice motel... DIETZEL MOTEL... great place.. they even let me play on their office 'puter to get to AR....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to new guy at a little after noon and they were just getting ready to go huntin'...and it was snowing a bit I believe he said.
More piggies for the few who made it I guess.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't believe you guys let a little snow or ice keep you from the dance. Don't they sell tire chains down there?

Rich
DRSS
Pacific Northwest Chapter

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IDAHO

the problem isn't just the ice on the road.

it's the mexicans too.

they don't know how to drive on ice or snow

and they don't have insurance either.

a Texans greatest driving fear is to have both ice and mexicans on the road.

now you know

TOMO577

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
tire chains???? i have a set that fits my '76 pontiac catalina station wagon....other than that, it's still slick... 2:45pm wednesday... patch ice in the shade, and all overpasses and bridges....i'm gonna head home to victoria tomorrow... i hated missing the DRSS shoot... i was closer to brady than anyone....180 miles... and didn't make it....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis