THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTK: Double Rifle in Brit. .303 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTK: Double Rifle in Brit. .303 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would love to have a double rifle in the .303 British caliber.....has anyone ever seen one or heard of a current maker making one? How about one in 45/70 ?

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I HAVE A WESTLEY RICHARDS DROPLOCK IN 303. NO ONE OFFERS THEM AS STANDARD TODAY THAT I KNOW OF, BUT SMALL CUSTOM MAKERS WILL MAKE ANYTHING YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU CAN PAY.

SEARCH "FIND" CHEAP DOUBLE RIFLES FOR 45-70
GOOD LUCK

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most of the 303's I have seen have been Holland & Hollands ie mega bucks.

As far as hunting effectiveness goes, a new Chapuis, Merkel etc in 30-06 or 8x57 would be a choice double hunting rifle.

However IMHO the best calibre is the 9,3x74R.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Chapuis 9.3X74 coming (thanks Dale)....I am very excited. I have been looking at the Pedersoli hammer 45/70 (c. $3500.00) BUT the .303 double really intrigues me....It sounds so damn British / early safari hunting....Hey Tomo577, would you mind posting a pic. of your rifle...sounds awesome. Smiler Cheers.

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fanofdbls

I hate to tell you this, but feel I MUST.
You have made a choice [the 9,3 Chapuis] "that you may not like."

You will discover, that the 9,3 Chapuis is so "EXCELLENT" that NO other double under the power range of a 450/400 will intrest you.

That is not necessarly a bad thing....

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fanofdbls,

Siace makes a box lock in 45-70 that is very nice for the money. They are $4800 from Dewings in Fla. I spoke with Mike at Dewings today and they are getting about 15 Siace double rifles this week. Siace also offers 9.3x74R, 30-06, 444. The double is also offered in a hammer version as well as a boxlock with false side plates. If you want to use your wood they will work with you. I have a good friend who has on in 45-70 and its awesome. Very well regulated.

Posts: 244 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
I have a Pedersoli 45-70 with 20 gauge barrels and factory hard case and a Boswell 303 hammer double. The Pedersoli in very nice and very accurate. The Boswell was a Zimbabwe farmer's rifle and has bumps and bruises, but is tight and accurate with Hawk bullets and you won't be sick if you scratch it. I had a broken trigger guard and firing pins repaired and replaced as well as having proper screw and pins installed. I just couldn't see leaving the old girl to languish in Zim any longer. I have killed 2 deer with each rifle.

I would take $6,000.00 for both or $3,500.00 for the Pedersoli and $2,500.00 for the Boswell.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PWN375,

PM sent

Kurt

Soli Deo Gloria

Posts: 145 | Location: Woodville WI | Registered: 25 September 2004Reply With Quote