New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB- .375 Flanged
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just bought .375 Flanged Magnum and i need cases, dies, shell holder etc....

Posts: 68 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You may have to order the dies directly from RCBS, which is what I had to do and they took several weeks to come in. I ordered a couple of hundred cases from Midsouth shooters supply. The Norma brass was creeped by the hundred. Good luck.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meant to say cheaper by the hundred. Very easy to load for and get consistent results.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bellville, Texas | Registered: 21 April 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for being the jerk who ask this, but someone has to do it. Can we see pics of the rifle.

Thank you kindly

Posts: 12236 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Forgive me for being the jerk who ask this, but someone has to do it. Can we see pics of the rifle.

Thank you kindly

tu2

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not being a jerk, LH, just enquiring minds want to know. I'd love to see it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, i have no pictures to post, because i have not seen the rifle yet.
i just purchased the rifle and am waiting for it to be shipped. I recommend you go to the gunrunner.com online auctions and look at past auctions lot # 151. there are lots of pictures.

Posts: 68 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know of a gunrunner out of Idaho that sells class 3/NFA arms. Did not know they were getting into doubles congratulations on your new rifle. Remember us when you get her home.

I have shot one 375 FLM and loved it.

Posts: 12236 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the 375H&H Flanged magnum.

I prefer Norma brass, use RCBS dies and shellholder. Did use a near-enough fits shellholder but some cases did not want to fit.

Good shooting, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1975 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
If there is an outfit where you would find dies, cases, etc. in stock and ready for sale, I would think it would be Huntington's Reloading. They are good folks and have a good inventory of a lot of double rifle and nitro express reloading gear.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leo, suggest you order some Jamison brass in .375 flanged magnum. They have a sale on, 15% discount.

Butch Searcy put me on to the Jamison brass and I've found it works well in my .375 flanged magnum double and falling block single shot.

Here's the website www.captechintl.com

Best, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike is correct, Fred Huntington is the salt of the earth for us reloaders. Will be happy to answer your questions as well.

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2206 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mr. Stix. Looks like the OP stole the rifle from the price listed. I congratulate him. I would stick a quality 2X to whatever size scope you wanted in detach rings and never hunt with a bolt action again.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Carney:
Leo, suggest you order some Jamison brass in .375 flanged magnum. They have a sale on, 15% discount.

Butch Searcy put me on to the Jamison brass and I've found it works well in my .375 flanged magnum double and falling block single shot.

Here's the website www.captechintl.com

Best, Tim

Jamison is all I use in my 375 flanged as well.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
PM sent on some ammo I have.

Posts: 3318 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Looks like Leo is going the load your own route.
I have some Wolfgang Romey 375Fl but some of it has cracks in the shoulders and green corrosion issues so a bunch of junk ammo maybe good for pulling the bullets.

Is there a problem with WR ammunition? Is their QC so bad that I see a loss rate of about 50% on new in the box ammo from 1995?

Posts: 3318 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I got all of my reloading supplies from Huntingtons as others here have mentioned - they have great customer service. I wish I cold say the same for Midway - I ordered the .375Fl shellholder from them. It was backordered, and then I got a notice saying it had arrived - followed by another notice telling me they did not get enough of them in after all, and they cancelled my order. I ended up having Ken Buch (KEBCO) getting an RCBS shellholder for me, probably through Verney Carron in France. Anyway, good luck getting everything. I love my V-C O/U in .375 Flanged - it is a joy to shoot.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the 375 Flanged some, a very good friend of mine has one...But I see little need for one as I much prefer the 450-400-3 and 3.25" inch and Ive used that caliber for years on buffalo, and everything else in Africa..Its my all time favorite double for anything big..

I tried the .470 and 500 and went back to the 450-400, for less recoil and couldn't tell any difference in killing power..

I did like the 450-3.25 real well, maybe better than my 450-400s, just never got around to buying one and got to old to need one. If I had it all to do over, I think I would choose the 450-3.25 maybe, maybe not..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote