THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Fabarm double barrel rifle, any comment?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fabarm double barrel rifle, any comment?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody has one of Fabarm O/U doubles (http://www.fabarm.com/ ), how do they compare with Chapius or some German doubles in the same price range. Few things I noticed on pictures; looks like that barrels are done in so monoblock version, and the front end of the trigger guard is shaped so it shouldn’t uncomfortably pressure supporting the arm like conventional does. Some folks would comment that modern technology makes plainly brazed barrels OK so monoblock might be overkill. They are most likely right, however, I am traditionalist when firearm’s technology is in question. In that respect, I prefer monoblock doubles and the stock with smooth flowing lines with curved transitions, without flat surfaces and sharp edges and corners. However, I am still open to new ideas like this trigger guard…

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Onty:
Anybody has one of Fabarm O/U doubles (http://www.fabarm.com/ ), how do they compare with Chapius or some German doubles in the same price range.

They don't compare! Roll Eyes

quote:
Few things I noticed on pictures; looks like that barrels are done in so monoblock version, and the front end of the trigger guard is shaped so it shouldn’t uncomfortably pressure supporting the arm like conventional does.

HUH????????? Confused

quote:
Some folks would comment that modern technology makes plainly brazed barrels OK so monoblock might be overkill. They are most likely right, however, I am traditionalist when firearm’s technology is in question. In that respect, I prefer monoblock doubles

There is nothing wrong with Mono-block barrels,Almost all O/U doubles are made on the mono-block system, and if done properly,it is OK, but MONO-BLOCK is not the traditional way to build a double rifle barrels set! Mono-block barrels are a new concept, where double rifles are concerned. So if you are a traditionalist, then you should be talking about chopper-lump barrels. The other thing is the O/U double rifle is not a traditional double rifle either! The side by side double rifle with two triggers, and with chopper-lump barrels, chambered for a rimmed, NE cartridge is "TRADITIONAL"!

quote:
and the stock with smooth flowing lines with curved transitions, without flat surfaces and sharp edges and corners. However, I am still open to new ideas like this trigger guard…

........ Confused Confused Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Onty:
Anybody has one of Fabarm O/U doubles (http://www.fabarm.com/ ), how do they compare with Chapius or some German doubles in the same price range. Few things I noticed on pictures; looks like that barrels are done in so monoblock version, and the front end of the trigger guard is shaped so it shouldn’t uncomfortably pressure supporting the arm like conventional does. Some folks would comment that modern technology makes plainly brazed barrels OK so monoblock might be overkill. They are most likely right, however, I am traditionalist when firearm’s technology is in question. In that respect, I prefer monoblock doubles and the stock with smooth flowing lines with curved transitions, without flat surfaces and sharp edges and corners. However, I am still open to new ideas like this trigger guard…

Onty,

Whatever your on, can you tell me where to get it.

Sounds like it might be better than getting drunk !!!

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Fabarm 30/06 the other day and for the price I was impressed (around $3500AU).
I think one in 9.3X74 would be great for our Sambar Deer or wild pigs.
It is made in Italy with the barrels are made in Germany.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote