THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A tuned and tweaked Sabatti for sale
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tuned and tweaked Sabatti for sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For all you Sabatti fans- check out this one for sale at
http://www.schwandtclassicarms.com/

Sabatti Double Rifle in 450 3 1/4 NE. Lots of value here in a package that shoots and handles

well. This particular rifle has been gone over by a competent gunsmith. Triggers have been changed

from the factory setting of 14 & 15 lbs., down to 5 and 5 1/2. The stock has been fitted with a

"Dead Mule" recoil reducer to balance the rifle on the hinge and bring the weight from 9 lbs to

10; where it should be for this caliber. The addition of a Limbsaver pad makes the rifle

very comfortable to shoot. And Hornady makes it affordable. Take a look at the targets.

This rifle is better than new and there is noting out there this good for the money!!

------------------------------------------------

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Take a look at the targets."

I did. How come the same target but a different
type of hole in the paper ?

I can see 2 different bullets / bullet weights but the one's he has marked as 500gns are different on each target.

Yes, I am being overly cautious and maybe even cynical.

Also, which gunmaker sets triggers at 15 lbs ????? I can't remember seeing any comment from owners here that they were set that high.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not look at the targets because I wasn't really interested in a Sabatti. However, now that you mention it something looks fishy.

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Sometimes different bullets make different holes, at least in my experience. What concerned me were the slow velocities. 1850 is way too slow and I am sure if one bumps them up to 2050 plus, X over will ensue.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge

Exactly.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote