THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Rizzini/Antonio Zoli doubles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rizzini/Antonio Zoli doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
Guys, does anyone know anything about the quality of either Rizzini or Antonio Zoli doubles? I have found a couple of these over/unders in 9,3X74R and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Dave

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are a hit or miss thing..

You really have to try out the one rifle that you intend to buy.

Make sure that I works right and is properly regulated.

If it passes then you have a working o/u ds that will bring home the meat.

/C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have fondled several Antonio Zoli O/U's when I was looking for double and I didn't like the feel of them.
The finish was too rough and I didn't like the engraving.
Regarding accuracy: I have a French article (from Armes de chasse no.19) which compares 12 doubles and the Zoli was very accurate with 1 load (1 cm at 50m with RWS TUG).

Proud DRSS member

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I handled some Rizzini & Tanfoglio guns at the Rambouillet show yesterday. They were very attractive, superbly finished. It is impossible to know how well they shoot from looks, but the fit and finish were top class.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had the Zoli. Bought it from Cape Outfitters when they had them cheap. The stock didnt fit me very well and I was only able to get through a half a box of shells. The comb kept hitting me in the cheek. Got a pretty good bruise out of it. THe Rizzini's ive seen looked nice. One of the guys at WL Moore sells and shoots them. You may want to give them a call to get his opinion as a shooter.

posted Hide Post
I have an Antonio Zoli 9.3x74R. I was made in the 1980s. It works perfectly and shoots good. I had always shot norma bullets 232 grn hanloads but I can not find the bullets anymore.I have switched to 270 speers and am developing a new load.The gun is tight and is well fit. The scope mount system allows the scope on or off and the base does not interfere with the sights. I like to shoot the gun and use it for bears. The wood is nice. The engraving ok for the price of the gun.

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Ontario Canada | Registered: 27 July 2004Reply With Quote