New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPR 30 06 Loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How many of you guys have one of these rifles in 30-06?
Looking for loading suggestions for 180 grain bullets or heavier.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what ammo they use to regulate it with. Perhaps some one on hear knows. I would start with a factory duplication load. Shoot it over your chronograph and see what happens, adjusting velocity as indicated.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Factory is what Baikal reccomends, and I don't think I'd go above factory pressures in that rifle. I'd simply reulate the barrels for a factory 180, if that is the weight you want, and be done with it. 30-06 ammo is dirt cheap anyway, and is available in any country store.

If you do load I'd follow the advice offered by Bill above, and stop dead still at factory pressures. Just find a load that prints good individual barrel groups in both barrels, then regulate the rifle for that load, and go deer hunting. If however you will hunt nothing larger than deer, and wild hogs, "MY" choice would be the 150 gr nosler partition @ factory speeds/pressures.

............What ever you use welcome to the DRSS sir! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote