New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dakota Arms DR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just noticed that Dakota Arms has a DR marketed under their name which made from their round shotgun receiver. Anybody know something about it? A bit pricey at $35K.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is an Italian import with Dakota stamped on it. Very nice rifle but they do not sell many.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess not. It looks just a little purty to take out into the brush. Wonder if any of the ones sold ever get used for hunting?

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
didn't dakota file for bankruptcy ??

where did you see the rifle

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
No, they are made for them, by Ferlib. Damn nice guns just out of my pocketbook.

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let me get back with you on the Dakota, I need to think a minute. Lemme see, two Searcy American made DRs, or an imported somebody that Dakota stamps their name on and marks up about 300%...for the same money...

OK, I'm back, looks like an upgrade on their usual business practice...which is overpriced considerably.

JMHO,

Rich
NRA Life Member
DRSS...spelled Searcy if I don't make it myself.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Idaho,

Don't get me wrong. Butch makes a nice double, but it is not the same fit and finish as a Ferlib (apples and oranges). Is it worth 35,000 well all I can say is if I had the money, I'd buy one. I love round actions can anyone say David Mckay Brown!

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
505ED,
I can say it ,usually in a hushed tone, I just can't afford it. If I had my absolute choice I would have an O/U rifle and shotgun by him. I met him once at SCI and when I asked him if I might handle one of his guns he seemed actually pleased I would ask to see one. Truly a gentleman.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
505ED,

George Hoening lives about 23 miles from my front door...that would be my step up from a Searcy, if, indeed, there is much of one. Buy American, keep your money here. Save it for Africa! The $$$ difference would fund a very nice three weeks in Africa and a chance to say "...so I slip the safety off on my Searcy just as the elephant turns and CHARGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!-BOOM! and down he goes...".

regards,

Rich
NRA Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes
--------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote